Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimStreamer 0.7 license expiry date changed
03-07-2020, 11:30
MinimStreamer 0.7 license expiry date changed
The license exiry date for MinimStreamer 0.7 has been extended from 31 July 2020 to 31 October 2020.

I had hoped that MinimServer 2 and MinimStreamer 2 would be available for all supported platforms before 31 July. This might still happen but there would not be enough time for MinimStreamer 0.7 users to evaluate MinimStreamer 2 and migrate to it before their current license expires.

Updating from MinimStreamer 0.7.15 to 0.7.16 automatically extends the license to 31 October 2020. MinimStreamer 0.7.16 is an automatic update, so it is installed automatically when MinimServer is started. It can also be installed using MinimWatch from the About dialog (Show updates button) or from the Packages tab of the Properties dialog.

This change does not affect MinimServer 2 users and does not change the expiry date for MinimStreamer 2 licenses.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2020, 18:13
RE: MinimStreamer 0.7 license expiry date changed
The license expiry date for MinimStreamer 0.7 has been extended again from 31 October 2020 to 31 January 2021.

MinimServer 2 and MinimStreamer 2 should be available soon for all supported platforms. From past experience, getting MinimServer 2 into the various NAS package repositories (Synology, QNAP, ASUSTOR) could take a while as the timescale is determined by the NAS vendors. As many NAS users do not feel comfortable doing a manual download and install, it important to have this in place before MinimStreamer 0.7 stops working.

Updating from MinimStreamer 0.7.16 to 0.7.17 automatically extends the license to 31 January 2021. MinimStreamer 0.7.17 is an automatic update, so it is installed automatically when MinimServer is started. It can also be installed using MinimWatch from the About dialog (Show updates button) or from the Packages tab of the Properties dialog.

This change does not affect MinimServer 2 users and does not change the expiry date for MinimStreamer 2 licenses.
31-10-2020, 10:09
Although I've got MinimStreamer 0.7.17 installed, this morning I see a red minim icon in my system tray and this in the log file:

"The license for MinimStreamer 0.7.17 expired on 31 October 2020. Please update or remove MinimStreamer."

According to the Packages tab, I have the following installed:

minimserver-0.8-update-134
minimserver-0.8.5.2
minimstreamer-0.7.17

Is this error expected? Thanks!
31-10-2020, 11:02
I am also getting the same problem as Motel Blues and I have the same package details, messages etc.
31-10-2020, 11:39
I am have the same problem too with the same packages as Motel Blues.
31-10-2020, 13:04
My apologies for the inconvenience this has caused a number of users. I have found the cause of this problem and fixed it in MinimStreamer 0.7.18.

If you have the "red icon" on your screen, use the Packages tab of the Properties dialog to install the minimstreamer-0.7.18 package, then click the Relaunch button.

Alternatively, you can restart MinimServer. MinimServer 0.7.18 is an automatic update, so it will be installed automatically when you do this.

If you have uninstalled MinimStreamer to work around this problem, you should install the minimstreamer-0.7.18 package from the Packages tab of the Properties dialog and click the Relaunch button. Your previous property settings for MinimStreamer will be restored automatically.
31-10-2020, 13:55
(31-10-2020 13:04)simoncn Wrote:  My apologies for the inconvenience this has caused a number of users. I have found the cause of this problem and fixed it in MinimStreamer 0.7.18.

If you have the "red icon" on your screen, use the Packages tab of the Properties dialog to install the minimstreamer-0.7.18 package, then click the Relaunch button.

Alternatively, you can restart MinimServer. MinimServer 0.7.18 is an automatic update, so it will be installed automatically when you do this.

If you have uninstalled MinimStreamer to work around this problem, you should install the minimstreamer-0.7.18 package from the Packages tab of the Properties dialog and click the Relaunch button. Your previous property settings for MinimStreamer will be restored automatically.
Hi Simon

I've just rebooted the Melco and installed 0.7.18 and all is working again Smile

Many thanks for the prompt fix.

Best regards

Rod
31-10-2020, 16:54
I have a Qnap NAS1C7346 and have lost all contact with it through MinimServer today - getting the 'update or remove' notice. I can still access files on my Mac hard drive. I have MinimServer 0.8-update-134, and MinimStreamer-0.7.18. That info comes through the toolbar icon on the Mac desktop. Is there a separate installation that deals with the NAS which I have to update? If so, how do I access it?

I have stopped and restarted MinimServer through the Qnap login several times with no joy.

Thank you.
31-10-2020, 17:18
If the toolbar icon on your Mac is displayed by MinimWatch, you should be able to solve the problem by clicking Restart from the icon menu.

If the toolbar icon on your Mac is displayed by a separate instance of MinimServer running on your Mac, restarting this will not fix the problem with MinimServer on your NAS.

Restarting MinimServer on the NAS using the QNAP App Center should also fix the problem. I am not sure why this hasn't worked for you.
31-10-2020, 17:25 (This post was last modified: 31-10-2020 18:15 by Brian David.)
Thank you - though of course this doesn't get me any further, sadly. I have of course rebooted the NAS and the Mac. I hope a solution will be found.

The problem would seem to be that I cannot update the MinimStreamer on the NAS to .18. The version on the Mac is .18 but the one on the NAS is, according to the webpage opened by Qnap, still .17 even after stopping and restarting MinimServer. I do not know how to access the version on the NAS other than through the App Center. Sorry.