Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issue with Synology and Naim
23-04-2013, 07:10
RE: Issue with Synology and Naim
Sorry for not posting earlier, I was busy.

I confirm that the problem does not appear with flac files. Well done! Shall I then convert the +600 albums I have ripped so far from ALAC to FLAC? Or do you think there is a chance you can fix the issue?

Regarding the Syno media server log, I am struggling with the logging mechanism, which seams a bit odd. Anyway, from what I have seen so far, there is no network data in there.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
23-04-2013, 08:51
(23-04-2013 07:10)zorgu Wrote:  Sorry for not posting earlier, I was busy.

I confirm that the problem does not appear with flac files. Well done! Shall I then convert the +600 albums I have ripped so far from ALAC to FLAC? Or do you think there is a chance you can fix the issue?

I'm expecting a follow-up response from Naim this week. I suggest you hold off doing this conversion until they've come back to me with more information.

Quote:Regarding the Syno media server log, I am struggling with the logging mechanism, which seams a bit odd. Anyway, from what I have seen so far, there is no network data in there.

OK, that's fine. I don't think it's worth spending any more time on this.
26-04-2013, 21:59
(23-04-2013 08:51)simoncn Wrote:  I'm expecting a follow-up response from Naim this week. I suggest you hold off doing this conversion until they've come back to me with more information.

Naim have confirmed that the problem with ALAC files is caused by a MIME type incompatibility between MinimServer and n-stream. MinimServer is sending audio/x-m4a for ALAC files, and n-stream is expecting audio/mp4.

Naim have told me that the next release of n-stream will support audio/x-m4a as well as audio/mp4, but they haven't said when this will be available.

As an interim solution until this support is available in n-stream, I'm going to release an update to MinimServer that sends audio/mp4 as the MIME type for ALAC files. This should be available in the next day or two. From looking at various other media servers, this seems to be what most servers send as the MIME type for ALAC files.
27-04-2013, 08:25
That's great news!
Thanks Simon
01-05-2013, 23:33
Thanks Simon!
I have just installed the new 0.72 release. It works like a charm, now.

MinimServer is really a must have, and is close to perfection.

The only remaining problem I have is now the fact that nStream does not take into account the sort orders of minimServer.
Maybe could you talk to the guys at Naim to have that addressed in the next release of nStream Wink

btw, donation to follow...

JD
02-05-2013, 07:15
(01-05-2013 23:33)zorgu Wrote:  Thanks Simon!
I have just installed the new 0.72 release. It works like a charm, now.

MinimServer is really a must have, and is close to perfection.

The only remaining problem I have is now the fact that nStream does not take into account the sort orders of minimServer.
Maybe could you talk to the guys at Naim to have that addressed in the next release of nStream Wink

btw, donation to follow...

JD

It would be much more effective for you to talk to the Naim guys about the sort order issue, as you are their customer. You can contact them at support@naimaudio.com.

Thanks very much for your kind words and the donation!