Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to view all folder.jpg files via folder view
17-06-2020, 09:14
Unable to view all folder.jpg files via folder view
I've bought MinimServer 2 and like others I’m keen to be able to see artist artwork. I understood this can be achieved via ‘folder view’ and have begun the process of creating a folder.jpg file for each album artist in my collection. This got off to a good start with each jpeg showing up, but I seem to have hit a limit, in that some of jpegs I’ve created for this purpose aren’t visible. I’ve checked that these files have correctly been given the name folder.jpg; and performed a rescan as well as a restart but that didn’t help. My collection isn’t particularly large incidentally, but its eclectic and probably features about thousand different album artists. Any pointers or advise will be really appreciated – thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
17-06-2020, 09:21 (This post was last modified: 17-06-2020 09:22 by simoncn.)
RE: Unable to view all folder.jpg files via folder view
Is the folder visible but with no picture or is the folder itself missing? If the folder is visible but with no picture, please attach the missing picture file to a post here.
17-06-2020, 09:25
That's strange additional folder.jpg files are now showing up - they weren't yesterday or the day before, hence my post. I'm not sure if this issue could be control point related, but the files weren't visible in either Kazoo (which I mainly use) or the windows version of Upplay...
17-06-2020, 09:29 (This post was last modified: 17-06-2020 09:34 by rich28.)
..and thanks for your speedy response Simon. Folders have always been visible, but pictures were missing. Attached is one such file that's been missing

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

17-06-2020, 11:40
Thanks for posting this file. This .jpg file is working for me as folder artwork. I think this is an issue with how the control point is caching artwork. There have been some posts about this problem with Kazoo. The most recent thread is here.
23-07-2020, 15:20
Just a quick update to say that this issue appears to have gone away - perhaps it was related control point caching.