Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 10 still shutdown server
08-05-2020, 18:28
RE: Windows 10 still shutdown server
My suggestion was to disable Norton completely for a short time as a test.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2020, 18:36
I was able to disable Norton firewall for a few minutes, I ran and closed Kazoo two or three times but it still didn’t show...
08-05-2020, 20:07 (This post was last modified: 08-05-2020 20:42 by simoncn.)
Thanks for trying this. Was this Kazoo on IPad or Kazoo on Windows? There are known problems with running both the control point and server on the same Windows 10 machine. To confirm that this is not caused by Norton, please do the following:

1) Exit MinimServer and Kazoo(iPad)
2) Disable Norton completely
3) Start MinimServer
4) Start Kazoo(iPad)

Many thanks. If this doesn't solve the problem, we can move to the next stage.
09-05-2020, 07:33 (This post was last modified: 09-05-2020 08:45 by Gussy.)
Thanks for your help Simon - grateful for that!

We’re primarily talking about Kazoo Windows here (Kazoo & LinnApp iPad are rather hit and miss - sometimes they show minimserver (windows) sometimes they don’t...

I’ll have to do a little googling to search how to completely switch Norton off - the only user options I’ve seen so far (right click on icon in system tray) only allow you to suspend the firewall and/or anti-virus protection but not switch the wholle thing off...do you know a way maybe...?

Result

The only way of completely disabling Norton seems to be reinstalling - so, I temporarily disabled the firewall and anti-virus and followed your instructions - no change in behaviour from Kazoo (windows) - only shows after click on restart (and is soon lost), and also Kazoo (iPad) - sometimes it’s there, sometimes it isn’t....
09-05-2020, 09:39
The problem with Kazoo on Windows 10 not being able to find MinimServer on the same Windows 10 machine might be the same as that described for Kazoo Server on this page. You could try the workaround suggested by Linn.
09-05-2020, 10:18
Success,

Restarted Kazoo (windows) a few times now, minimserver (windows) shows each time!

I’ll keep my eye on it over the weekend - many thanks!
17-06-2020, 16:59
Guys Which rules I should add for windows defender firewall? I back to minimserver configuration and still 30s works and server disapear from MusicCast aplication.
17-06-2020, 19:37
If you are seeing MinimServer from other devices for a short time, the firewall rules are probably OK. The firewall should allow inbound connections to Java for both TCP and UDP.
18-06-2020, 08:21
(17-06-2020 19:37)simoncn Wrote:  If you are seeing MinimServer from other devices for a short time, the firewall rules are probably OK. The firewall should allow inbound connections to Java for both TCP and UDP.

Ok. Thank you for quick answer. Now is ok. I try reboot my W10 system and now I see MinimServer on MusicCast aplication Smile