Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remote execute MinimServer with psexec
12-06-2020, 20:48
Remote execute MinimServer with psexec
Hi Simon,

I would like to start MinimServer on my Windows Audioserver with psexec64 remotely. When I use this command-line:

C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_251\bin\javaw.exe" -jar "C:\Program Files\MinimServer\lib\mserver.jar"

MinimServer starts without configuration and with a different name = MinimServer [Audioserver].
I think this happens because MinimServer doesn`t use the startup directory location to compute the location of its configuration files. Please could you give me the complete command-line, including the startup directory, which is in my case: "C:\Program Files\MinimServer\lib"

Thank you very much in advance

Martin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-06-2020, 22:28 (This post was last modified: 12-06-2020 22:56 by simoncn.)
RE: Remote execute MinimServer with psexec
The startup directory should be "C:\Program Files\MinimServer\lib" and the display name MinimServer[Audioserver] is the default if the hostname of your machine is Audioserver. You can change this name by setting the displayName property on the Properties page.
12-06-2020, 22:57
Hi Simon,

(12-06-2020 22:28)simoncn Wrote:  The startup directory should be "C:\Program Files\MinimServer\lib" and the name MinimServer[Audioserver] is correct if the hostname of your machine is Audioserver.

Yes, but regarding the start up directory, I have to use the right command to pass it over. It has something to do with -w. So what is the complete and exact command-line including the start up directory?

Martin
13-06-2020, 09:15 (This post was last modified: 13-06-2020 09:40 by simoncn.)
You need to add -w "C:\Program Files\MinimServer\lib" to the command you are using currently.

For example, the command would be something like:

psexec64 my-remote-computer -w "C:\Program Files\MinimServer\lib" "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_251\bin\javaw.exe" -jar "C:\Program Files\MinimServer\lib\mserver.jar"
13-06-2020, 11:15
(13-06-2020 09:15)simoncn Wrote:  You need to add -w "C:\Program Files\MinimServer\lib" to the command you are using currently.

For example, the command would be something like:

psexec64 my-remote-computer -w "C:\Program Files\MinimServer\lib" "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_251\bin\javaw.exe" -jar "C:\Program Files\MinimServer\lib\mserver.jar"

I found it out too! Idea What I didn't know was, where I had to place the -w argument into the row. After some attempts it worked.

The only difference to a manual start on the remote PC is, that the minim watch icon is not to be seen.

Thanks for your help

Martin