Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't Display Track Number
12-06-2020, 15:28
Don't Display Track Number
A quick one I hope.

Is there a way of preventing my Control Point (Kinsky and Kazoo) from displaying the Track Number? For multi-disc albums, I use a Track Offset (of +100 per disc). In Windows, Kinsky displays normally -eg ...

However, on my iPad, the Track number is not fully displayed and I get a '1...A Fistful Of Dollars' and so on. It's quite unsightly. My Classical Music is all labelled appropriately, eg, 'I. Allegro' and so on, so I don't need the numbers to display.

If there is an easy way of not displaying the numbers that would make things much prettier.

Thanks, in anticipation.

Steve
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-06-2020, 17:40
RE: Don't Display Track Number
I don't think it is possible to do this without disabling track numbers entirely, which would cause some strange results with how your album tracks are sorted.
12-06-2020, 21:33 (This post was last modified: 12-06-2020 21:35 by Alandbush.)
RE: Don't Display Track Number
(12-06-2020 15:28)gnomus Wrote:  A quick one I hope.

Is there a way of preventing my Control Point (Kinsky and Kazoo) from displaying the Track Number? For multi-disc albums, I use a Track Offset (of +100 per disc). In Windows, Kinsky displays normally -eg ...

However, on my iPad, the Track number is not fully displayed and I get a '1...A Fistful Of Dollars' and so on. It's quite unsightly. My Classical Music is all labelled appropriately, eg, 'I. Allegro' and so on, so I don't need the numbers to display.

If there is an easy way of not displaying the numbers that would make things much prettier.

Thanks, in anticipation.

Steve

I use a 'trick' as described in the following post.

https://forum.minimserver.com/showthread...9#pid36289

It works for Kinsky, but as Simoncn notes in the subsequent post, it may cause issues with other control points.

Edit: it was only intended to work with classical works were a movement number was present. Not tried it on all tracks.