Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Radio Paradise, metadata and MinimStreamer
01-06-2020, 15:16
RE: Radio Paradise, metadata and MinimStreamer
You need another line #EXTM3U as the first line of your playlist. With this change, everything is working here (Klimax Renew DS/0, Davaar 75).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2020, 15:31
Didn't mention that but do have that of course …

I'm using the new Linn app so I'll see what happens when using something else.
01-06-2020, 16:19
Now wait a minute … it does work … sort of …

Both via custom-URL with TuneIn and with a MinimServer playlist entry (not using MinimStreamer) I get music from the stream ending with flacm but only sometimes and with many dropouts and no artist or track info visible at all.

Maybe it's just too experimental right now or overloaded because of the interest that's being generated here and on the wam-forum?

Louis.
01-06-2020, 16:37
And now - again without changing anything - I'm hearing music from the flacm stream continuously for some time already AND it shows metadata as well! Big Grin

Maybe they rebooted some stuff?

Seems it's not quite stable maybe but indeed it works and in my case using the custom-URL option in TuneIn so MinimServer not needed and my NAS asleep …

Regards, Louis.
01-06-2020, 17:22 (This post was last modified: 01-06-2020 18:32 by DavidHB.)
(01-06-2020 14:20)simoncn Wrote:  @DavidHB: Did you see my reply?

Ho, sorry. I've been diverted on to other things for most of the afternoon. I will re-try my change, refresh both MinimServer and BubbleDS, and report back.

Later edit: I have followed your instructions, and am delighted to report that it's working; the stream plays correctly, and metadata (Artist and Title) is visible in both BubbleDS and Kazoo (Android and Windows). Thank you once again for your help.

As the correspondence may prove confusing for a newcomer, I'd like to summarise the instructions for getting the Radio Paradise Main Mix FLAC stream to work with metadata displayed on compatible players. These instructions assume that MinimStreamer is installed, and that the user is already playing radio stations via MinimServer/MinimStreamer, as described in the MinimStreamer Guide.

1. Generate a text file with the .m3u extension, amd the following content (in plain text, not with a link as it shows here):

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:-1,[+Paradise] Radio Paradise
http://stream.radioparadise.com/flacm

(Alternatively. Lines 2 and 3 can be added to an existing radio station playlist). Save the file to a location within your MinimServer content directory.

2. Open MinimWatch and do a MInimServer rescan. It is probably wise to check the MinimServer log for errors at this point.

3. Open your Control Point (as noted above only BubbleDS and Kazoo on Android and Windows are tested). If you can close and reopen the Control Point (as you can with BubbleDS), that is a sensible precaution.

4. Go via "n Playlists" and to the playlist containing the Radio Paradise entries. There will be two of them. One will begin with [Paradise]; select the other one. Radio Paradise will begin to play, and metadata will appear where 'now playing' information is displayed.

@simoncn. Please let me know if any changes are needed to the above. Thanks again.

David
01-06-2020, 18:37
Thanks for the summary David and sorry for almost hijacking your thread.

Question for Simon if I may:
Is there a difference in using MinimServer or TuneIn for this?
Do they both provide the URL to the renderer and are they (MS or TI) then no longer actively needed?

Regards, Louis.
01-06-2020, 19:25 (This post was last modified: 01-06-2020 19:25 by simoncn.)
(01-06-2020 17:22)DavidHB Wrote:  @simoncn. Please let me know if any changes are needed to the above. Thanks again.

There is a simpler way to do this. Use this playlist:

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:-1, Radio Paradise Main

This produces one entry for the station, which is playable on a Linn DS or DSM and shows metadata.
01-06-2020, 19:27
(01-06-2020 18:37)Animal Wrote:  Question for Simon if I may:
Is there a difference in using MinimServer or TuneIn for this?
Do they both provide the URL to the renderer and are they (MS or TI) then no longer actively needed?

Regards, Louis.

This is the case for MinimServer. I believe it is also the case for TuneIn but I am not a TuneIn user.
01-06-2020, 20:16
Thanks for answering that question for MinimServer.
And good to know that there's no processing going on once the URL is passed.
And that also means that getting the URL to the renderer would be more efficient with MS being local to the LAN and access to TuneIn requiring WAN traffic then if my reasoning is correct.
Before your answer I was reasoning that Linn streamers with their integrated use of TuneIn would be better than using MinimServer but now I think it's the other way around … but maybe I'm overthinking this? Smile

Regards, Louis.
01-06-2020, 20:25
(01-06-2020 19:25)simoncn Wrote:  There is a simpler way to do this. Use this playlist:

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:-1, Radio Paradise Main

This produces one entry for the station, which is playable on a Linn DS or DSM and shows metadata.

Thank you again, Simon. I'll amend the instructions accordingly when I post them to the WAM forum

David