Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Consolidating Artist in index (ArtistSort)
28-05-2020, 19:52
RE: Consolidating Artist in index (ArtistSort)
This is very strange as the industry standard name for this tag is ArtistSort. To accommodate this unusual naming convention, you can use Artist Sort in MinimServer instead of ArtistSort or (probably better) add Artist Sort:ArtistSort to aliasTags.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
28-05-2020, 20:17
(28-05-2020 19:52)simoncn Wrote:  This is very strange as the industry standard name for this tag is ArtistSort. To accommodate this unusual naming convention, you can use Artist Sort in MinimServer instead of ArtistSort or (probably better) add Artist Sort:ArtistSort to aliasTags.

Genius!
The aliasTag did the trick. I added that one line and everything fell into place.
Thank you both for helping me solve this.

Keep up the great work!
29-05-2020, 15:54
I'm back! ;-)

I am not sure if this has anything to do with the settings we altered, but now I don't see any Artist names in compilation albums, soundtracks etc.

It could be that this was always the case with this control point. I'm not sure.
I do see them with BubbleUPnP and also on the Synology Server. But ideally I want to use the Cambridge controller (for my Cambridge system) and your Minimserver (obviously!).

Any thoughts on this one?

Thanks once again
29-05-2020, 17:44
The change you have made should not be affecting this. It is probably caused by how the Cambridge app handles AlbumArtist and Artist values for compilation albums.

For compilation albums, is the problem that the album does not show an artist or that the tracks of the album do not show an artist?

Also, how are the tracks of these albums tagged with Artist and/or AlbumArtist tags?
29-05-2020, 17:56
(29-05-2020 17:44)simoncn Wrote:  The change you have made should not be affecting this. It is probably caused by how the Cambridge app handles AlbumArtist and Artist values for compilation albums.

For compilation albums, is the problem that the album does not show an artist or that the tracks of the album do not show an artist?

Also, how are the tracks of these albums tagged with Artist and/or AlbumArtist tags?

The compilations show album artist as "Various Artists" - correctly.
But inside the album each track also has "Various Artists" as its artist.

Each track is tagged "Album Artist = Various Artists" and "Artist = specific artist "

I have a feeling it is the Cambridge app causing trouble.
29-05-2020, 18:01
(29-05-2020 17:56)hellboyberry Wrote:  
(29-05-2020 17:44)simoncn Wrote:  The change you have made should not be affecting this. It is probably caused by how the Cambridge app handles AlbumArtist and Artist values for compilation albums.

The compilations show album artist as "Various Artists" - correctly.
But inside the album each track also has "Various Artists" as its artist.

Each track is tagged "Album Artist = Various Artists" and "Artist = specific artist "

I have a feeling it is the Cambridge app causing trouble.

Interestingly I just tried the old unsupported Cambridge App and it all fine. So problem solved, as in it's not our problem. ;-)

I will contact Cambridge.
Thanks again for thinking along.
29-05-2020, 19:11
For this tagging, MinimServer sends both the tagged AlbumArtist value and the tagged Artist value to the control point for each track. It sounds like the new Cambridge app is choosing the AlbumArtist value and ignoring the Artist value.
29-05-2020, 21:25
(29-05-2020 19:11)simoncn Wrote:  For this tagging, MinimServer sends both the tagged AlbumArtist value and the tagged Artist value to the control point for each track. It sounds like the new Cambridge app is choosing the AlbumArtist value and ignoring the Artist value.

I will forward this info on. Thank you.