Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installing on OpenSUSE Leap 15.1
27-05-2020, 23:31
Installing on OpenSUSE Leap 15.1
I installed minimserver on LEAP 15.1. But if I start using startc or startd, I get no prompt to enter the library location. So the Embedded Java window does nothing except say I have no music source. And there is no command in the startd window to specify the library location that I can find.

Thanks for the help,
Jim
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
28-05-2020, 09:51
RE: Installing on OpenSUSE Leap 15.1
You should get a prompt from startc. You will not get this from startd.

I am not sure what you mean by the Embedded Java window. If this is the minim icon in the taskbar, you can right-click on this and select Properties, then enter your library location in the contentDir field.
28-05-2020, 14:07
(28-05-2020 09:51)simoncn Wrote:  You should get a prompt from startc. You will not get this from startd.

I am not sure what you mean by the Embedded Java window. If this is the minim icon in the taskbar, you can right-click on this and select Properties, then enter your library location in the contentDir field.

Got it. Thanks. Is there some way to have minimServer list recent albums?
28-05-2020, 14:31
(28-05-2020 14:07)jarome Wrote:  Is there some way to have minimServer list recent albums?

No. It's been "on the list" for a long time and is frequently requested. I guess that Simon will want to complete the rollout of MinimServer 2 to the full range of platforms before adding new features, but this one has been repeatedly promised.

David
28-05-2020, 15:07
(28-05-2020 14:07)jarome Wrote:  Got it. Thanks. Is there some way to have minimServer list recent albums?

Yes, but you will have to provide an appropriate 'recently added' date tag to your audio files and then refer to this tag in the indexTags property.

Alternatively, this feature is provided by the Lumin IOS app, without effort, should you wish to use it.