Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eliminate Duplicate Albums/Tracks
25-05-2020, 15:35 (This post was last modified: 25-05-2020 15:36 by schliden.)
RE: Eliminate Duplicate Albums/Tracks
(25-05-2020 14:37)simoncn Wrote:  I have a TS119 as well. Great machine, last of the classic QNAPs!

Are you sure you did a rescan and not just a restart? After a change to excludePattern, you need to do a rescan.

I just noticed that you "added" *[LD] to excludePattern. What is your full setting of this property?

Yeah, mine has been rock solid for so many years... (touch wood..don't want to jinx it)

Definitely rescan's

minimserver.excludePattern = *[LD],_family,_harmonica,_inbox,_Kids,_musikcube,_niu_2stars,_niu_vette,_other,_playl​ists_meta,Comedy,xmas

I just realised that I may have done a bad thing.

The machine that runs minimwatch was not available earlier, so I added *[LD], to the exclude pattern by directly editing minimserver.config on the NAS.

I was thrown by the fact that the first test MP3 album exclusion did not appear under AC/DC, and believed it had worked.

I just fired up the minimwatch machine and when I checked the properties, the exclude pattern was not visible.

I added it and.. after a very long rescan, the exclude is now working.

Sorry for wasting your time.

I guess, it is not safe to edit minimserver.config directly from command line ?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
25-05-2020, 16:27
You should never edit this file directly. On MinimServer 0.8, you will get a warning. On MinimServer 2, you will get an error and you will not be able to start MinimServer.
26-05-2020, 02:39
Apologies and again, sorry for wasting time on this.

Happy to open a new Topic if required, but what is the issue/solution to the single artist AC/DC being split into 3 discreet artists:

AC
AC/DC
DC

All of the AC/DC tracks (both mp3 and flac) are tagged the same as ARTIST = "AC/DC"

Do I need to escape the forward slash somehow ?
26-05-2020, 09:53
This an issue with ID2v2.3 tags in MP3 files. The ID3v2.3 specification uses / as a separator between artist names and it is not possible to escape the / character to prevent this.

ID3v2.4 has changed this to use a NUL character (0x00) as the separator. This is a much better approach because NUL cannot be part of a tag value. Converting the tag format from ID3v2.3 to ID3v2.4 for the affected album and doing a rescan should fix the problem.
26-05-2020, 10:38 (This post was last modified: 26-05-2020 10:41 by schliden.)
I might be mistaken, but I'm sure I've also been advised not to use the ID3v2.4 format, because it mucks up Genre's ?

i.e Causes them to display as numbers rather than the textual genre.
26-05-2020, 11:22
MinimServer handles genres in ID3v2.4 without any problems. It performs any required translations from numbers to names. If you find any issues with this, please let me know.
26-05-2020, 12:08
I constantly have problems with genres appearing as numbers.

The problem stems from the fact that iTunes creates ID3v2.4 tags by default and when Minimserver indexes them, I invariably see a bunch of new numeric genres at the top of the genre view.

The fix, is to open and save the affected tracks in mp3tag, which I have configured to save in v2.3 by default.
26-05-2020, 12:42
This should not be happening. Can you upload a file to my FTP server that shows this problem? I will PM you the server details.
26-05-2020, 14:01
No worries
03-06-2020, 07:41 (This post was last modified: 03-06-2020 07:41 by paultaylor.)
Can you give an example of some of the numbers displayed, are they higher than 79. I just wonder if MinimServer supports the Winamp geren extension or only the original set:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ID3v1_Genres

This predefined list of genres is not very workable, think always best to write as text which is perfectly valid for ID3v24 as well.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user