Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Improving My Menu System In Kazoo
30-04-2020, 09:39
RE: Improving My Menu System In Kazoo
The OP's request included this:

Is it possible to ‘create’ a menu item in that top level menu (for example, ‘Non Classical’), that would list all my music that is not tagged as ‘Classical’?

At present, the only way to do is to use tag update to create a "Non-Classical" tag (or tags) from existing tagged information.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
30-04-2020, 09:50
Thanks everyone who has responded. I have kept my 'Genre' tags fairly straightforward since I did not want that 'page' clogged up with too many items when I selected it. It looks like I might be able to get close to what I would like to do with a combination of the sugestions receivd so far. I'll have a play this morning and will let you know. I may well have further questions, as I reach the limit of my knowledge/abilities .....
30-04-2020, 10:48 (This post was last modified: 30-04-2020 10:50 by gnomus.)
OK. That was a little simpler than I thought. Thanks everyone. I now have my Openng Menu in Kazoo looking as follows:

I'd like to make a couple of more changes if I can.

1) Is it possible to fix/set the order in which the menu items in my Music Libraries submenu. At the moment I have them set as '1. Classical; 2. Non Classical ....'. I know that N follows C in the alphabet, but I found I had a couple of genres that did not fit nicely into Classical/Non Classical (for example, 'Comedy' and (believe it or not) 'Bagpipe). Can I set the order non-alphabetically?
2) I don't want/need to be able to browse 'Composer' in my 'Non Classical' Libraries. Is there a clever way of inventing a 'Classical Composer' Tag that would be populated only if the 'Genre' was 'Classical'? That way I could have this Tag displayed only in my Classicla Music Libraries.
3) I don't need to search by Date, so have removed this from my indexTags list. However, it may be interesting to see the Date displayed when I bring up the following (Currently Playing) screen in Kazoo:

Is this possible?

Thanks again for your help with this.
30-04-2020, 13:14
The order of index entries in a menu is the order in which they appear in the indexTags list.

If you add Date to itemTags, it should appear on your Currently Playing screen.

I cannot think of a clever way of populating a Classical Composer tag only for files with Genre=Classical.
30-04-2020, 13:53
(30-04-2020 13:14)simoncn Wrote:  The order of index entries in a menu is the order in which they appear in the indexTags list....

Thanks Simon. I wasn't clear enough in the last post. I'm happy enough with the order of items in the Opening Menu (screenshot in last post). However, in my 'Music Libraries' submenu, the only way I can get the list items to appear in the order I want is to number them - as seen in the screenshot below. Is that correct, or is there another way?

30-04-2020, 14:10
I've added the item 'Year' (not Date - my mistake) to itemTags and rescanned. The Year isn't showing in the currently playing scren. Do I need to have 'Year' entered somewhere else? All of my files definitely have a 'Year' tag.
30-04-2020, 14:21 (This post was last modified: 01-05-2020 08:38 by simoncn.)
I am guessing/deducing that you have used a tag update file to add tags such as

@GENRE=Classical
+MUSIC LIBRARIES=Classical Music
@GENRE=Bagpipe
+MUSIC LIBRARIES=Bagpipe
etc.

You can also add sort tags for these tag values, for example:

@GENRE=Classical
+MUSIC LIBRARIES=Classical Music
+MUSIC_LIBRARIES_SORT=1
@GENRE=Bagpipe
+MUSIC LIBRARIES=Bagpipe
+MUSIC_LIBRARIES_SORT=4
etc.

and apply the sort values in the tagValue property with this setting:

Music Libraries.value.sort={Music_Libraries_Sort}

Edit: added + prefixes where needed
30-04-2020, 15:18
I think you will find that the tag name is Date, not Year. Some tagging programs try to confuse you by showing the Date tag as Year.
01-05-2020, 07:49
(30-04-2020 14:21)simoncn Wrote:  I am guessing/deducing that you have used a tag update file to add tags such as

@GENRE=Classical
MUSIC LIBRARIES=Classical Music
@GENRE=Bagpipe
MUSIC LIBRARIES=Bagpipe
etc.

You can also add sort tags for these tag values, for example:

@GENRE=Classical
MUSIC LIBRARIES=Classical Music
MUSIC_LIBRARIES_SORT=1
@GENRE=Bagpipe
MUSIC LIBRARIES=Bagpipe
MUSIC_LIBRARIES_SORT=4
etc.

and apply the sort values in the tagValue property with this setting:

Music Libraries.value.sort={Music_Libraries_Sort}

Thanks again, Simon. However, I'm struggling to get this to work. Firstly, do I need to add a '+' sign before the new tag - ie:
@GENRE=Bagpipe
+MUSIC LIBRARIES=Bagpipe

Without the '+' sign it didn't seem to work. I got a message saying:

MinimServer: unexpected instruction in line 2 of /share/Music/tagUpdate.txt

Secondly. Would I also need a '+' sign before the MUSIC_LBRARIES_SORT tag? Furthermore, would I need to add this after each @GENRE, like this:
@GENRE=Blues/Country/Folk
+MUSIC LIBRARIES=Non Classical
+MUSIC_LIBRARIES_SORT=2
@GENRE=Electronic
+MUSIC LIBRARIES=Non Classical
+MUSIC_LIBRARIES_SORT=2

Lastly, I must have something incorrect in my tagValue, since when I rescan I get the following error message (and MinimWatch is Red):

MinimServer: incorrect tag name 'Music_Libraries_Sort' in option 'Music Libraries.value.sort' in property 'tagValue'

I basically copied and pasted your suggestion into the properties box, so I'm not sure what is up.
01-05-2020, 07:57
(30-04-2020 15:18)simoncn Wrote:  I think you will find that the tag name is Date, not Year. Some tagging programs try to confuse you by showing the Date tag as Year.

Thanks. You may be right. However, I use the dBpoweramp ripper and MP3tag and both these programs seem to use the tag 'Year'. If I look at the file properties in Windows (ID-Tag) then there is an entry for 'Year', I don't see one for 'Date'.

In any event, no matter whether I add 'Year' or 'Date' to itemTags, the Year/Date does not appear in the 'currently playing' window. Do I need to mention the tag anywhere else in Properties? (I removed it from my indexTags list.)