Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Improving My Menu System In Kazoo
01-05-2020, 08:50
RE: Improving My Menu System In Kazoo
My post inadvertently omitted the + prefixes. I have edited the post to correct this. You also need to add Music_libraries_Sort to itemTags.

Regarding showing Date in the control point, adding Date to itemTags ensures that MinimServer sends this information to the control point but it is up to each control point whether or not it shows this information in the 'currently playing' window. You can ensure this always appears as part of the album name by adding the following to tagFormat:

Album.displayFormat={$album^$date^ [^]}

or to make it appear as part of the track title:

Title.displayFormat={$title^$date^ [^]}
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2020, 09:40
(01-05-2020 08:50)simoncn Wrote:  My post inadvertently omitted the + prefixes. I have edited the post to correct this. You also need to add Music_libraries_Sort to itemTags.

Regarding showing Date in the control point, adding Date to itemTags ensures that MinimServer sends this information to the control point but it is up to each control point whether or not it shows this information in the 'currently playing' window. You can ensure this always appears as part of the album name by adding the following to tagFormat:

Album.displayFormat={$album^$date^ [^]}

or to make it appear as part of the track title:

Title.displayFormat={$title^$date^ [^]}

Thanks Simon. Adding 'Music_libraries_Sort' to itemTags fixed it and this is now working as I would like.

I hope I haven't got a load of useless tags here, because 'Album.displayFormat={$album^$date^ [^]}' does not work for me. I get the Red Minimwatch icon and the error:

MinimServer: incorrect tag name 'date' in option 'Album.displayFormat' in property 'tagFormat'

I changed the '$date' to '$year' and this did allow Minimserver to restart. But I'm not getting the year/date appearing in the 'currently playing' window.
01-05-2020, 12:01
You need to add Date to itemTags for this format string to work.
02-05-2020, 09:35
(01-05-2020 12:01)simoncn Wrote:  You need to add Date to itemTags for this format string to work.

Super. All is working now.

One (I hope) final question. With some of my albums, I included more than one Genre tag. For example, some albums might be classifiable as being both Jazz and Pop/Rock. (It made it easier for my family to find certain artists like Sinatra, for instance.) So, for those albums, I have two (and very occasionally more) ‘Genre’ entries.

With my new system, I don’t need to have multiple Genre tags. Of course, using the @Genre update text file all these double tags create additional Classical, Non Classical, etc tags. And this then leads to there being another ‘Music Libraries’ menu item ‘below’ the initial ‘Music Libraries’. Again, it’s a first world ‘problem’, but it would be nice to be able to tidy things up if I could.

Is there anything I can do about that?
02-05-2020, 12:27
Are you saying that some files end up with multiple Music Libraries tags with different values? or multiple Music Libraries tags with the same value?
02-05-2020, 14:56 (This post was last modified: 02-05-2020 15:00 by gnomus.)
(02-05-2020 12:27)simoncn Wrote:  Are you saying that some files end up with multiple Music Libraries tags with different values? or multiple Music Libraries tags with the same value?

If I understand the question correctly, then the first of those (I think). Here is the issue graphically:

I start with this (these are Windows Kinsky snapshots):

This is exactly what I want. If I click on my Music Libraries folder I get:

Again, this is what I am after. However, now when I click in 'Non Classical', I get:

It is this second instance of 'Music Libraries' that I am trying to eliminate. This second instance contains some entries that cross over my system. As follows:

The '[none of the above]' folder contains all of the Non Classical albums that haven't had the 'Comedy' or 'Classical' tag. I could, I suppose retag all of those albums, but I was hoping there might be an easier way. In addition, I would actually like some albums to appear in both Music Libraries. 'The Big lebowski' soundtrack, for example, contains both Classical and Non Classical pieces.
02-05-2020, 15:05
Actually, now I look a bit closer, it is only 8 albums that are causing these issues. I will just retag them.
02-05-2020, 17:32
(02-05-2020 15:05)gnomus Wrote:  Actually, now I look a bit closer, it is only 8 albums that are causing these issues. I will just retag them.

It looks like some files (not albums) have both Music Library=Non Classical and Music Library=Classical. I presume there is something unintended in your tag update file that is causing this. Also, some files have both Music Library=Non Classical and Music Library=Comedy. MinimServer makes it very easy to find which files these are!
02-05-2020, 18:33
(02-05-2020 17:32)simoncn Wrote:  
(02-05-2020 15:05)gnomus Wrote:  Actually, now I look a bit closer, it is only 8 albums that are causing these issues. I will just retag them.

It looks like some files (not albums) have both Music Library=Non Classical and Music Library=Classical. I presume there is something unintended in your tag update file that is causing this. Also, some files have both Music Library=Non Classical and Music Library=Comedy. MinimServer makes it very easy to find which files these are!

Yes to both points. Except it wasn't 'unintended'. For example, I have a recording of some of Bernard Hermann's film scores. This was tagged as both 'Classical' and 'Stage & Screen' (which was mapped to 'Non-Classical' bt the update text file). On the comedy front, I had things like the Spinal Tap Black Album which was down as 'Pop/Rock', 'Stage & Screen' and 'Comedy'. My goal was to make it as easy as possible for all members of the household to find these things when they wanted to.

I've just made a 'call' on all these albums now - there were only 8 of them - and so it is now running as I want.

Thanks again for your patience leading me through all of this.

Best wishes