Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title, Movement display format
24-04-2020, 19:42
Title, Movement display format
Hi all,

few years I have tried to find some server which could support Classical music properly. Minimserver is thing that I need.

I have introduced myself if the syntax deeply, and requests started to multiply Smile

I would like to display different format for title and movement, if possible.
For example:

For multimovement composition I need to display just the name of movement, but for a title I need to display title, tonality, opus. (all of them I have as tags in my files)

1. I. Allegretto (it is Movement tag in my files)

2. Mazurka No.11, C major, Op.52 (Mazurka No.11 is title tag in my files)

Is it possible? Any idea?

Thanks for help.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
24-04-2020, 19:46 (This post was last modified: 24-04-2020 19:47 by simoncn.)
RE: Title, Movement display format
Welcome to the MinimServer forum!

Do the Movement files also have tags for title, tonality and opus?
25-04-2020, 00:06
(24-04-2020 19:42)SGamgee Wrote:  I would like to display different format for title and movement, if possible.
For example:

For multimovement composition I need to display just the name of movement, but for a title I need to display title, tonality, opus. (all of them I have as tags in my files)

1. I. Allegretto (it is Movement tag in my files)

2. Mazurka No.11, C major, Op.52 (Mazurka No.11 is title tag in my files)

Is it possible? Any idea?

Thanks for help.

Hi and welcome.

Assuming track 1 has a tag name of 'Movement' with a value of 'I. Allegretto'
Assuming track 2 has a Title tag with value of 'Mazurka No.11, C major, Op.52' and does not have the 'Movement' tag name the following should work:-

tagFormat should include Title.displayFormat={$Movement}
itemTags should include Movement

The above will replace the Title tag value with the Movement tag value ONLY if a Movement tag name exists. Otherwise the Title tag value is displayed.

A trick you can apply to remove that 'annoying' track number preceding the movement number, is to add the following:-

tagValue should include TrackNumber.replace={Movement}

Despite what it appears to suggest, the track number is not replaced by the Movement tag value but is simply NOT displayed. Importantly, it only does this if a Movement tag exists.

NB - the above has been tested on the Kinsky control app. Not all control apps behave in the same way
25-04-2020, 09:55
I believe the OP wanted the Title tag 'Mazurka No.11' to be augmented with a Tonality tag 'C major' and an Opus tag 'Op.52'. The format string for this is

Title.displayFormat={$title$tonality$opus}

If movements don't have tags for title, tonality and opus (see my previous post). this could be extended to

Title.displayFormat={$movement$title$tonality$opus}

to cover both cases.

The tagValue setting TrackNumber.replace={Movement} causes MinimServer to send the movement name to the control point in the track number metadata field. Some control points (such as Kinksy) might just ignore this incorrect value while others might do something less satisfactory.
25-04-2020, 20:08
Hi both of you. Thanks for quick reply.

Simon is right. I want to have Title tag ‘Mazurka No.11’ and separatly Tonality tag and Opus tag and than chained them.

I could leave empty Title tag for Movement but I need Tonality tag and Opus tag because I want have them for the Group which involved those Movemenets.
I want to have Group name as ‘Symphony No.3, F minor, Op.23’ also chained of tags.

I am going to explain what was my intentions:

1. There is music composition which include more movement, as Symphony is.

2. There is music composition (set) which doesn’t include movement, just titles, as Slavonic Dances Op.76, or Mazurkas Op.10.

3. There is Operas which include more Acts, each includes more movements (arias)

How I have intended to solve it.
Defined tags Work, Group, Movement, Tonality, Opus and fill them in next way.

1. Work and Group same name and it is name, for example, Symphony No.3.
Fill in Movements name and Tonality and Opus for all of them. Of course, in the issue Tonality and Opus is always same for all movements. I sholud see in control point:
Group display: Symphony No.3, F minor, Op.23
Title display:
I. Allegretto
II. Andante
etc.

2. Work - name of music composition (set) Mazurkas Op.10, Group empty, Movement empty, and fill in Tonality, Opus. I should see in control point:
Work display: Mazurka Op.10
Title display:
1. Mazurka No.1, C-minor, Op.10
2. Mazurka No.2, F-major, Op.10
etc.

Note that now every title has different tonality, opposite than above.

3. Work - name of Opera, Group - Act, and then same as number 1.

And I want to have possibility to have indexed all composition, for example.
Symphony No.3, Op.23
Mazurkas Op.10
La Traviatta

It is, maybe, to many details but to have all picture of my thoughts

Thanks.
25-04-2020, 20:29
Thank you for sharing this. I understand what you want to do. I don't think it is possible to do this at the moment but I am thinking about how to make this possible in a future release of MinimServer.