Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MergeFolderAlbums superfalse option?
29-04-2020, 19:29
RE: MergeFolderAlbums superfalse option?
Thanks for the kind words of appreciation!

Some UPnP control points use the list order that MinimServer sends for a container. Other control points think they know better than the server and re-sort the list items without understanding the problems this can cause. Unfortunately, it seems the PS3 is in the latter category. It would be worth checking if the PS3 has an option to disable this re-sorting.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
29-04-2020, 21:59
Simoncn,

Woohoo, we got it!

It did not work at first, but that was because I changed the version setting after I loaded that batch of music into Jaikoz, so they did not save under the right tag version. It must convert tags at import time. Once I realized that and just reloaded the one multidisc in that group (Guns N Roses Appetite for destruction remaster set) just to resave in new version, it worked!

Now I just have to resave everything I have tagged already, which I just had done again on Monday.

The only server setting on the PS3 seems to be "Look at servers- Yes or No". Oh well. The Denon display looks good.

Although the strange thing on the Denon is that it displays the wrong picture on the first track of a set. If you have any ideas about that one, please point me in a good direction. At this point, I have artwork on internal tags. The only files with artwork were automatically created and/or saved by server or Qnap as "AlbumArt" or "Folder" jpg. When the second song comes up, The Denon usually has the right artwork displayed. PS3 does not display artwork, and I just tried bubbleupnp on my phone because of comments in these forums a few days ago, and that seems perfect. Eager to learn more about BubbleuPnP, too.

Thank you!

Chris

(29-04-2020 19:29)simoncn Wrote:  Thanks for the kind words of appreciation!

Some UPnP control points use the list order that MinimServer sends for a container. Other control points think they know better than the server and re-sort the list items without understanding the problems this can cause. Unfortunately, it seems the PS3 is in the latter category. It would be worth checking if the PS3 has an option to disable this re-sorting.
30-04-2020, 09:27
(29-04-2020 21:59)Chrobar13 Wrote:  Although the strange thing on the Denon is that it displays the wrong picture on the first track of a set. If you have any ideas about that one, please point me in a good direction. At this point, I have artwork on internal tags. The only files with artwork were automatically created and/or saved by server or Qnap as "AlbumArt" or "Folder" jpg. When the second song comes up, The Denon usually has the right artwork displayed. PS3 does not display artwork, and I just tried bubbleupnp on my phone because of comments in these forums a few days ago, and that seems perfect. Eager to learn more about BubbleuPnP, too.

Is this artwork issue happening when you browse your library or when the song is playing?

BubbleUPnP is an excellent control point and works very well with all features of MinimServer. Highly recommended.
02-05-2020, 03:48
My Denon only shows artwork when track is playing. no artwork when navigation. I have not gone through the process of investigating this issue very deeply. Sometimes the artwork seems to be coming from the next folder up, which is sometimes a different artist. Sometimes it comes fro who knows where. Like an Ace of Base song showed the artwork not from that album but the album of "orginal album" I have no friggin ideas where the Denon would have found that. Right now, now clues. Not high priority but if you have idea where to start, this is a very strange issue. There was one point where artist was displaying performer, too. I have since found that windows is screwy with artist on FLAC files with artist. Maybe this is a variation of that issue. Maybe the Denon is not pulling track information from tags, but from properties info. I haven't taken the time to find all the trends in the inconsistencies yet.

Not high priority at all, just a curiousity at this point, I am concentrating on big tagging project right now, but hope to figure out this issue sometime.

(30-04-2020 09:27)simoncn Wrote:  
(29-04-2020 21:59)Chrobar13 Wrote:  Although the strange thing on the Denon is that it displays the wrong picture on the first track of a set. If you have any ideas about that one, please point me in a good direction. At this point, I have artwork on internal tags. The only files with artwork were automatically created and/or saved by server or Qnap as "AlbumArt" or "Folder" jpg. When the second song comes up, The Denon usually has the right artwork displayed. PS3 does not display artwork, and I just tried bubbleupnp on my phone because of comments in these forums a few days ago, and that seems perfect. Eager to learn more about BubbleuPnP, too.

Is this artwork issue happening when you browse your library or when the song is playing?

BubbleUPnP is an excellent control point and works very well with all features of MinimServer. Highly recommended.
02-05-2020, 09:24
Some players read artwork from the file that is being streamed instead of getting it via the UPnP protocol from the control point. This is a less reliable mechanism and could explain the issues you are seeing.