Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
0$=Genre$3774 isn't a valid object
16-04-2020, 11:23
0$=Genre$3774 isn't a valid object
Hi,

Any idea what this log entry is about ?

It happens occasionally while minimserver is running.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
16-04-2020, 12:56
RE: 0$=Genre$3774 isn't a valid object
It means the control point is using an out-of date cached copy of the MinimServer library information. Which control point do you use?
16-04-2020, 14:21 (This post was last modified: 16-04-2020 14:22 by schliden.)
Volumio (latest) and Linn Kazoo (iOS)

I will try and narrow it down to one or the other
16-04-2020, 14:38 (This post was last modified: 16-04-2020 14:39 by simoncn.)
I have seen a lot of recent reports that Linn Kazoo is doing this. I think there must have been some change to Kazoo in the last month or two. Kazoo should detect that MinimServer has restarted and refresh its cache but it doesn't appear to be doing this.
16-04-2020, 14:56
Fyi ... using Lumin app On iOS device it happens when I “resume” the app after a library update.
Going back to the “root” the cache is automatically refreshed.
I think it cannot be different as when you “resume” the app it try to display the last choice selected.
Never happens if I leave the app in background after returning to the root and resume it after a library update
16-04-2020, 15:48
It can be different if the control point implements the UPnP protocol correctly. MinimServer sends a property change notification for "systemUpdateID" to the control point when a restart happens or when there are any configuration changes that could affect the control point's view of the library. The control point should detect this notification and refresh its cache. This is how the Naim app works.

Some control points such as Linn Kinsky don't detect the "systemUpdateID" notification but do detect a server restart and clear their cache when this happens. This should prevent the error message.
18-04-2020, 04:55
It is definitely Linn Kazoo.

I have it on both iOS and Android and the Android version is particularly bad.

It seems to occur when Kazoo is running and has the Minimserver browse tree (what is the correct term for what minimserver ... serves ?) open at the time a rescan is triggered.
18-04-2020, 09:54
I tried this with Kazoo on Android (version 4.13.64) and I didn't see the problem. Doing a MinimServer rescan automatically caused the browsing display to refresh with the correct contents.
23-04-2020, 12:53 (This post was last modified: 23-04-2020 12:53 by schliden.)
(18-04-2020 09:54)simoncn Wrote:  I tried this with Kazoo on Android (version 4.13.64) and I didn't see the problem. Doing a MinimServer rescan automatically caused the browsing display to refresh with the correct contents.

Just tested this again, same version, Kazoo on Android (version 4.13.64) and multiple:

MinimServer: 0$=Genre$12350 isn't a valid object

entries appearing in the log.
23-04-2020, 14:08
When I try this, this is what happens:

1) Start Kazoo for Android
2) Browse the MinimServer library
3) Use MinimWatch to change the contentDir value
4) Use MinimWatch to do a rescan
5) Kazoo refreshes its contents of the library. Depending on where I was browsing in step 2), this might show a Kazoo message "Failed to load content... Retry" together with some "invalid object" messages in MinimServer. To resolve the problem, I can browse up one level using Kazoo and get a correct and current display. Sometimes there are no errors and the display automatically refreshes to the correct current contents.

Is this what you are seeing?