Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Playlist view by album
12-04-2020, 14:02
Playlist view by album
Hi Everyone,

I am new to MinimServer and so far I must admin it is very impressive, compared to tons of other servers. However I have a question: I didn't find any way to display playlist content by album, instead of the by track default ?
I have put at true the mergeFolderAlbums option but this is not made for that purpose if I understood well.
Or maybe this shall be handled at client side ? (I am using the Naim app on iOS)
For your info my playlist is a iTunes exported one, containing all albums added to the lib in the last year. Having it listed by tracks makes no sens to me.
Thanks a lot for your help!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2020, 14:53
RE: Playlist view by album
Welcome to the MinimServer forum!

The playlist is managed by the control point, not the server. There is nothing that MinimServer can do to change the way this is presented.
12-04-2020, 15:21
Thanks for your quick answer Simon!

I would be very happy to hear what others are using as a control point on iOS or OSX. The Naim app is quite OK for my need except this playlist display thing.
12-04-2020, 17:20
Not a Naim owner here, on iOS I’m using Lumin app (tried the “cousins” from Teac and Esoteric, very similar and sometimes more compatible with not Lumin streamers) and Linn (the new version of Kazoo)
Lumin needs Bubbleupnpserver to work with non Lumin streamers. It can manage playlists, inside the app and shared on iCloud between different iOS devices with Lumin installed, the iCloud user must be the same. In the configuration settings you can define how playlists items are managed, grouped by album or not.
You can install Bubbleupnpserver on the same pc/Mac/nas where MinimServer is running
12-04-2020, 22:09
Tried both the Lumin and the Linn app, but, if I am not wrong, they both require their corresponding renderer from the same brand. The Lumin ergonomic looks very good by the way.

Having a Naim renderer, I am looking for an universal controller app that could support minimserver on one side and a DLNA renderer (brand agnostic) on the other.
13-04-2020, 07:35
Did you try to install Bubbleupnpserver and configured it? Bubbleupnpserver should give openhome compatibility to almost many renderers and could allow Lumin app to discover your Naim through it
13-04-2020, 08:47
Many thanks for raising this (again) Stefano. I didn't get the Bubble Upnp purpose in the first place. Works great with Lumin and Linn app!
This combo Minim+Bubble+Lumin clearly makes my day/week/month!!!
13-04-2020, 09:12
Happy for you! ?