Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimServer 2 on Synology: Format Error
06-05-2020, 12:49 (This post was last modified: 06-05-2020 12:50 by simoncn.)
RE: MinimServer 2 on Synology: Format Error
You only need either update 156 or 157. You cannot have both of these installed. When you install 157, 156 is removed and vice versa.

Please describe your full setup. Are you using BubbleUPnP only as a control point or are you also using BubbleUPnP Server to provide additional rendering capabilities such as OpenHome compatibility? Which renderer do you use? When you say there is an issue with gapless, do you mean your tracks still play but have gaps?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-05-2020, 15:42
(06-05-2020 12:49)simoncn Wrote:  Please describe your full setup. Are you using BubbleUPnP only as a control point or are you also using BubbleUPnP Server to provide additional rendering capabilities such as OpenHome compatibility? Which renderer do you use?
Sorry I did not provide you all details. My setup :
* Smartphone : Android v8.0
* Control Point : Bubble UPnP v3.4.6
* Server : MinimServer v2.0.9 update-157 (Synology package for Intel)
* Audio-PC : JPLAY 7D / Windows Server 2019 & AO 3.0

(06-05-2020 12:49)simoncn Wrote:  When you say there is an issue with gapless, do you mean your tracks still play but have gaps?
Yes my track still play but I have a "short gaps" when the render switch to the next track. Now since I activated the trial licence and installed streamer package : I have no issue.

Do you have all information ? Shy
06-05-2020, 17:16
What options do you have set for MinimStreamer (stream.transcode, stream.options, stream.converter)?

What type of files (e.g., FLAC, MP3) are you playing?
06-05-2020, 17:36
(06-05-2020 17:16)simoncn Wrote:  What options do you have set for MinimStreamer (stream.transcode, stream.options, stream.converter)?
Default value, that is :
* stream.transcode = empty
* stream.options = empty
* stream.converter = ffmpeg

(06-05-2020 17:16)simoncn Wrote:  What type of files (e.g., FLAC, MP3) are you playing?
I was playing AIFF file (16/44)
06-05-2020, 18:19
Thanks for this information. With these options, no transcoding or other processing would be done by MinimStreamer.

The only possibility I can think of is that the stream timing was slightly different when you heard the gaps. If the start of the audio data for the next track is slightly delayed for some reason, the renderer might not receive the data soon enough to prevent a gap from being heard.
06-05-2020, 22:30
(06-05-2020 18:19)simoncn Wrote:  The only possibility I can think of is that the stream timing was slightly different when you heard the gaps. If the start of the audio data for the next track is slightly delayed for some reason, the renderer might not receive the data soon enough to prevent a gap from being heard.

Thanks for your answer.
11-05-2020, 09:17
Hi All,

I identified (I think) a strange functioning, by using default configuration in MinimServer 2 :
* I identified it's necessary, via Web Interface, to click on button "rescan" to be able to see again MinimServer in Bubble UPnP, otherwise I did not saw it. After click on this button I can saw "Restarting".
NOTE : I cannot do this action : restart or rescan via MinimWatch. The background of the icon still in "gray", that means : no server available if I am right.

Two questions :
1 / Is it normal when we click on "rescan" the service restarted ?
2 / Is there any sleep "mode" in MinimServer 2 after several hours of non-uses ?

Thanks
11-05-2020, 10:35
MinimServer does not sleep unless the machine that it is running MinimServer has gone into a sleep mode controlled by the operating system.

Does MinimWatch see MinimServer after you have done the rescan? If it does, this problem with the MinimWatch icon being grey is probably caused by the machine running MinimServer having gone into sleep mode. If MinimWatch does not see MinimServer at all, this is likely to be caused by a network or firewall issue. See this page for possible causes and how to solve them.

If the machine running MinimServer has gone into sleep mode, the machine may have "wake on LAN" enabled which causes it to start running when it receives a "rescan" request from the configuration web page. If this is the case, clicking "Refresh status" on the configuration web page should also be sufficient to make MinimServer show in BubbleUPnP.
11-05-2020, 12:35
Thanks for your answer.

(11-05-2020 10:35)simoncn Wrote:  MinimServer does not sleep unless the machine that it is running MinimServer has gone into a sleep mode controlled by the operating system.
If the machine running MinimServer has gone into sleep mode, the machine may have "wake on LAN" enabled which causes it to start running when it receives a "rescan" request from the configuration web page. If this is the case, clicking "Refresh status" on the configuration web page should also be sufficient to make MinimServer show in BubbleUPnP.
Application is installed on my NAS with no standby on Hard Drive and I never had this type of issue with the previous version (i.e. 0.8.5.3). The difference is :
* MinimServer v2.0 : Used via Synology Packages
* MinimServer v0.8 : Used via Docker (on the same NAS)

(11-05-2020 10:35)simoncn Wrote:  ...
Does MinimWatch see MinimServer after you have done the rescan? If it does, this problem with the MinimWatch icon being grey is probably caused by the machine running MinimServer having gone into sleep mode. If MinimWatch does not see MinimServer at all, this is likely to be caused by a network or firewall issue. See this page for possible causes and how to solve them.

For your information I got the same issue after not used MinimServer after around 2 hours...since my last message. As I got the issue again :
* MinimWatch did not saw the server after launch again a scan via Web page.
* After gone on my NAS in "Packages Center" I saw I did not selected the option "trust in all editors". After selected this option and "do not install beta version" : MinimWatch see automatically the server.

I keep you posted if the root cause was on these settings (to help other people)

Thanks
25-05-2020, 11:53
Hi all -

After many days : the problem is gone ! I just :
1 / Uninstall the package from my NAS Synology (by removed all parameters)
2 / Install again the packages
3 / After, I immediately activated the trial licence

Since executed these steps, I don't have to worry anymore.