Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimServer 2 on Synology: Format Error
07-06-2020, 17:57
RE: MinimServer 2 on Synology: Format Error
Hi All,

I still have issue with MinimServer 2.0.12 and Synology 6.1.7
* After my trial version : I was not able to use MinimServer ; I need to stop and start the package everytime to be able to see it on Bubble UPnP and MinimWatch !

* I bougth my full licence today, I removed the package and all settings, removed the shared folder created by the package. I installed it again and now the new issue is : after each scan >> I lost MinimServer on the network. MinimWatch cannot see MinimServer and same for Bubble UPnP. If I stop and start the package on my Synology >> Same situation.

* Finally I installed the last package : update-160 ; relaunch the process. I close MinimWatch. AS SOON AS close MinimWatch on my Mac I lost MinimServer on Bubble UPnP ! ... of course when I launch MinimWatch : I did not see MinimServer and on the web page : no alert ; service still running but not visible by remote app (i.e. MinimWatch & Bubble UPnP)

I do not use a specific configuration just :
indexTags: Artist, Date, Genre, All Artists, Composer, Tracknumber, #AudioData:Format Audio

tagOptions : Album.sortTags={Album, Tracknumber}, Items.sortTags={Album, Tracknumber}

Any ideas ?

Thanks for your support !
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2020, 18:27 (This post was last modified: 07-06-2020 18:34 by simoncn.)
The first thing to check is whether MinimServer is running. You can do this by clicking on the green MinimServer icon in the Synology DSM main menu. If this shows the MinimServer configuration web page, MinimServer is running and this is a network issue. If this doesn't show the MinimServer configuration web page, MinimServer is not running. In this case, please check the MinimServer/appData folder for recent log files and look at these files to see if there are any error messages.

Edit: I read your post again and it appears you have checked the web page to confirm that MinimServer is running. In this case, it sounds like there is a multicast discovery problem with your network. These problems can be hard to debug and fix. There are some suggestions on this page. If this doesn't help, please post your complete network setup (all devices and how they are connected).
07-06-2020, 21:41
(07-06-2020 18:27)simoncn Wrote:  .... In this case, it sounds like there is a multicast discovery problem with your network.

Thanks Simoncn for your answer.
I will check my network settings !
07-06-2020, 22:26
@Simon -
Issue identified : bad setting in my QoS setting.
Can you provide me the list of port/protocol used by MinimServer please ?
Thanks
07-06-2020, 22:38 (This post was last modified: 07-06-2020 22:38 by simoncn.)
As you are running MinimServer on a Synology NAS, you should use the built-in support for MinimServer in the Synology firewall which will open the correct ports automatically. See this post for instructions and details of which ports are needed.
10-06-2020, 05:26
Hi simoncn,

I have checked and updated my QoS on my switch : but issue not solved.
On my first NAS (v 6.1.7) :
* I have checked : firewall not activated. I tried to activate the firewall and allow all flow : issue still not solved.
* After launch MinimWatch on my Mac (OS X 10.11.6) and wait many minutes (around 5 or more) : I can manage MinimServer via MinimWatch and I done NOTHING on my network. My NAS is available and work because I have a activated data transfer from my NAS to the cloud to be sure : everything still up ; no standby etc...

On my secondary NAS (v. 6.2.3) :
* I have installed the lastest version of MinimServer 2.x : No Issue it works without any problem
* As soon as I launch MinimWatch, I can managed MinimServer

I have only one subnet on my network, no specific VLAN, ony QoS but with no impact. I tried to install a old package : minimserver-update-156 ; but it's not possible to install with 2.0.12 (for me it was a stable package with my Synology).

Can you confirm me there is no technical constraint to use MinimServer on Synology 6.1.7 ?

Thanks for your advice
10-06-2020, 08:48
What is the model number of your first NAS? If I have this information, I can send you a download link for the previous version of MinimServer (2.0.9) so that you can try this with update 156.
10-06-2020, 12:41
My NAS is : DS712+ (CPU = Intel Atom D425)
Thanks for your help
15-06-2020, 22:01
Hello @simoncn -

I tried the previous version of the package, but I still have the issue.
I rebooted my NAS and the problem disappears. I think I still not identify the root cause, but I will continue to investigage on my side to find it.
At this moment I cannot reset my NAS as I cannot transfer my data of execute a full backup (I will try in the new weeks).

I keep you posted as soon as I have an update.

Thanks for your help.
16-06-2020, 08:47
Does this NAS have a VPN connection? This can occasionally cause strange issues with MinimServer.

If the problem is related to a VPN, it might help to set the ohnet.subnet property in the MinimServer properties (not the MinimWatch properties). See the UPnP subnet section for details.