Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Volumio - Browsing Minimserver - no search result
02-04-2020, 20:10
Volumio - Browsing Minimserver - no search result
I am running Volumio on a raspberry pi. There is another raspi which is running minimserver. In Volumio, Minimserver is detected (as a server in the local network) However, if I try volumio's search function it always gets "no results" ?

Does anybody has an idea?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2020, 22:22
RE: Volumio - Browsing Minimserver - no search result
If I remember well, I don’t use Volumio anymore, you should find in Volumio configuration the option to enable UPNP search. Search it on the Volumio “client”, not the one running MinimServer

... sorry to cannot be more precise, hope this can help
03-04-2020, 20:26
(02-04-2020 22:22)stefano_mbp Wrote:  If I remember well, I don’t use Volumio anymore, you should find in Volumio configuration the option to enable UPNP search. Search it on the Volumio “client”, not the one running MinimServer

03-04-2020, 20:28
(03-04-2020 20:26)springmaus Wrote:  
(02-04-2020 22:22)stefano_mbp Wrote:  If I remember well, I don’t use Volumio anymore, you should find in Volumio configuration the option to enable UPNP search. Search it on the Volumio “client”, not the one running MinimServer

Thanks for the answer but this option is not available in the settings
04-04-2020, 00:25
(03-04-2020 20:28)springmaus Wrote:  

Could it be that you need to enable the following.

Browse your DLNA\UPNP Music: you can activate UPNP \ DLNA music indexing, just go to settings, and activate the UPNP indexing service. This will index all the tunes served by DLNA Servers. This is not enabled by defaults, since it will take a lot of time to Volumio to index all your tunes.
05-04-2020, 09:44
(04-04-2020 00:25)Alandbush Wrote:  
(03-04-2020 20:28)springmaus Wrote:  

Could it be that you need to enable the following.

Browse your DLNA\UPNP Music: you can activate UPNP \ DLNA music indexing, just go to settings, and activate the UPNP indexing service. This will index all the tunes served by DLNA Servers. This is not enabled by defaults, since it will take a lot of time to Volumio to index all your tunes.
05-04-2020, 09:53
In the settings I activated DLNA browsing, and UPNP renderer. There is no other option available or any additional setting (switch on: show all properties)
When I select one of the server e.g. minimserver and choose e.g. artist, I see that browsing is working, there is a green progress bar at the top and after finishing a (long) list of artists comes up.
However, it is not possible to search within this list - it shows always no results - The only remaining way is to scroll manually thru the (long) list and do a manual selection (that is not the way I am looking for)
Again thanks for the reply
05-04-2020, 10:18 (This post was last modified: 05-04-2020 10:19 by simoncn.)
There was a commit to Volumio in 2017 titled "Disable UPnP Search". I am not sure about the significance of this.
05-04-2020, 12:14
.... should the DLNA\UPNP Browser option ...
05-04-2020, 19:11
(05-04-2020 10:18)simoncn Wrote:  There was a commit to Volumio in 2017 titled "Disable UPnP Search". I am not sure about the significance of this.

Hi Simoncn, i opened index.js in notepad and I was able to indentify the section of code you are referring to. It differs a bit. Anyway, it is available which to me means the query function should work. (I am, not a developer and I just have a vague idea what this code is doing) - Thanks for your hint