Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem upgrading to 2.0.7
25-03-2020, 23:16
RE: Problem upgrading to 2.0.7
(22-03-2020 19:41)simoncn Wrote:  I am not sure what caused this problem. The log that you posted contains some important clues (tar file not found) but there is no definitive proof of the cause. I will make some changes to the MinimServer installer that should prevent this happening in the future. I will also inform Melco what has happened.

These changes are now available in MinimServer 2.0.8 for Melco. If the install fails, all MinimServer files (except for a saved copy of your confguration) are removed. This makes it possible to try the installation again by selecting MinimServer from the Media Server App menu.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
26-03-2020, 18:05
Hi Simon

Just tried the 2.0.8 install which appeared to go soothly from the Melco's point of view but again Watch doesn't find a running version and the error log on the Melco reads:

Creating minimstart.conf file
Creating minimserver.defaults file
Twonky is not running
+++ install.sh Thu Mar 26 16:58:47 GMT 2020
MinimServer 2.0.7 is installed
Stopping MinimServer process 1327
+++ startd-exit.sh Thu Mar 26 16:58:49 GMT 2020
Updating MinimServer 2.0.7 to 2.0.8
No MinimServer instances are running
MinimServer update completed successfully
Starting MinimServer
/tmp/MinimServer/scripts/install.sh: line 232: /tmp/MinimServer/scripts/start-init.sh: No such file or directory
Install error 127: removing MinimServer
+++ start.sh Thu Mar 26 16:59:18 GMT 2020
tar: can't change directory to '/mnt/system/config/Apps/MinimServer/minimserver/data': No such file or directory
find: `/mnt/system/config/Apps/MinimServer/minimserver/data': No such file or directory
Creating minimstart.conf file
/mnt/system/config/Apps/MinimServer/scripts/start-init.sh: line 75: /mnt/system/config/Apps/MinimServer/minimserver/etc/minimstart.conf: No such file or directory
Start error 1: removing MinimServer
rm: cannot remove '/mnt/system/config/minimserver-config-backup': Directory not empty

Do I try a complete Initialization again on the Melco?
David
26-03-2020, 21:37
I think you should be able to try again by selecting MinimServer from the Media Server App menu.

However, the errors you have been seeing suggest to me that there is a serious problem with your HDDs. I suggest you take a full backup now and replace the HDDs as a matter of urgency.
26-03-2020, 22:37
Simon - I seriously hope you're being hasty in that conclusion - I take a full backup every week so that's covered. The unit was only bought in Aug 2018 so I've no idea why the HDDs should be faulty - could always try formatting them and restoring my backup if I have a day or so to waste!

I checked the Media Server menu on the Melco and was offered an update to 2.0.8 despite just having done so. I downloaded the update but my config wasn't read so I have re-registered by license and manually enetered my Minim Server setting - all OK this evening.

David
26-03-2020, 23:16
You were offered an update to 2.0.8 again because the previous attempt failed. Unfortunately the Melco firmware doesn't inform you when this happens.

I am surprised that your config and license weren't restored when you installed 2.0.8 for the second time. These files should have been preserved on disk in a hidden partition.

I have informed Melco about this second failure and I will keep you informed. It seems too much of a coincidence that this has happened to you twice but not to other users. In such cases, there must be some suspicion that there could be a hardware issue.