Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Date unsorted
26-03-2020, 09:58
RE: Date unsorted
Sorry didn't put that property in my first post. Thx for looking into this.

I suspected the tagUpdate to be the culprit because I had changed that last. There is another problem with this tagUpdate setup: only a select set of composers and albums appearing under each genre.

For example under "Klassik, Kammermusik - Trio" I see 50 albums but only one composer listed. All albums have been tagged with the composer tag.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
26-03-2020, 10:39
For the missing composers, is it possible that the composer is tagged using a different tag name (perhaps Komponist)? You can use the writeAllTags option to see a complete list of the tags in your files.
26-03-2020, 12:00
Thx Simon, the writeAllTags property is currently Artist.displayFormat={}. I can send you the list if that helps or change the property following your suggestion.

I was mostly using iTunes to tag files where the composer field is named "Composer". Language on computers is set to English, the NAS operates on a German setting. The composer field appears properly when viewed via XLD or similar.
26-03-2020, 12:17
The setting Artist.displayFormat={} would be in the tagFormat property, not the writeAllTags property.

When you select the Composer index, do you see an [unknown] entry? If you select this, do you see the files that have other composers? If so, I would like to look at one of these files to see why MinimServer could not read the composer information from it. I will send you a PM with details of how to upload the file to my FTP server.
26-03-2020, 18:57 (This post was last modified: 26-03-2020 19:02 by simoncn.)
Thanks for the files. Everything is working correctly for me. When I select "Klassik, Kammermusik - Trio", I see all three composers.

I see that your settings include ComposerSort:Composer. This is displaying ComposerSort tags in an index named Composer instead of displaying Composer tags. With this setting, I don't see any composers.
26-03-2020, 23:25
I have found the cause of the problem with Date sort order and alphaGroup. It will be fixed in the next MinimServer update. Thanks very much for your help with finding and fixing this.
27-03-2020, 20:23
Thank you so much Simon!!