Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any help....again
12-03-2020, 23:12 (This post was last modified: 12-03-2020 23:14 by redged.)
Any help....again
Hello just wondering if anyone can help with my OCD problem.

My compilations are all sorted via "Various Artists" in the albumartist tag. Every album shows Various Artists when showing list of albums.

However when I click on the album and it shows tracks etc. it shows underneath the title Various artists with a small case a.

This happens on every single various album. Any ideas how to sort other than retagging over 200 albums?

P.S. already tried adding this to the sorting.txt
@ALBUMARTIST=Various artists
=ALBUMARTIST=Various Artists

As always thanks in advance for any help Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2020, 23:26
RE: Any help....again
Whch control point are you using?
12-03-2020, 23:31 (This post was last modified: 13-03-2020 09:27 by redged.)
(12-03-2020 23:26)simoncn Wrote:  Whch control point are you using?

Naim app on android

Cheers Simon

Do you think the app is the cause? Seems strange as not happening with any non various albums, I will try adding an albumartist value on a non various album and see what happens (only have artist on non various albums with albumartist left blank).
13-03-2020, 09:57
(12-03-2020 23:31)redged Wrote:  
(12-03-2020 23:26)simoncn Wrote:  Whch control point are you using?

Naim app on android

Cheers Simon

Do you think the app is the cause? Seems strange as not happening with any non various albums, I will try adding an albumartist value on a non various album and see what happens (only have artist on non various albums with albumartist left blank).

No don't think its an albumartist issue and can't see anything in log.
13-03-2020, 10:13
I am seeing the same thing with the Naim app. It is fine with other control points.

I think the Naim app is putting Various artists (small a) in the album track display whenever the tracks of the album have different artists and is ignoring the tagged AlbumArtist value.
13-03-2020, 10:38
(13-03-2020 10:13)simoncn Wrote:  I am seeing the same thing with the Naim app. It is fine with other control points.

I think the Naim app is putting Various artists (small a) in the album track display whenever the tracks of the album have different artists and is ignoring the tagged AlbumArtist value.

Cheers Simon, I have just downloaded BubbleUPnP and it is not happening there so I think that must be it. I am downloading my various albums as we speak to see if there is an issue with my tagging. I will update you how I get on.

Thanks againBig Grin