Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Date/Year Indexing
29-02-2020, 11:17
Date/Year Indexing
Hi,

Apologies if this has been asked, could not find it..

Is there a way to configure minimserver so that it ignores the -MM-DD part of dates so that only whole year (YYYY) categories are generated ?

It would also be handy to be able to generate decade categories (is that the correct term ?)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
29-02-2020, 13:02
RE: Date/Year Indexing
Yes both are possible. See the decade and yearOnly options in Tag Options on this page

https://minimserver.com/ug-library.html
29-02-2020, 15:38
(29-02-2020 13:02)Peter@57m Wrote:  Yes both are possible. See the decade and yearOnly options in Tag Options on this page

https://minimserver.com/ug-library.html

Thanks Peter@57m.

Seems I can only have 1 or the other, so decade it is.

Cheers
29-02-2020, 20:53
You can have both Date (yearOnly) and Decade indexes. See this post.
01-03-2020, 03:30
(29-02-2020 20:53)simoncn Wrote:  You can have both Date (yearOnly) and Decade indexes. See this post.

Thanks Simon. I will investigate adding both, but before I do, I notice that since adding "Date.decade.index" to my tagOptions, I am now seeing the following warnings in the log as I browse the library:

Warning: sort value conflict for Date filter 1950s
first conflicting value is '1957' in item 'A Fool For You'
second conflicting value is '1959' in item 'All Blues'
01-03-2020, 10:40
To fix this, use Date.decade.index.sort instead of Date.decade.index. The same applies to the alternative approach for showing both Date and Decade tags in the index.
04-03-2020, 17:53
Simon,

Adding "Date.decade.index.sort" creates a new issue for me. I have a soundtrack album that contains two scores, one from 1962 and one from 1965. The files are properly tagged but the thing is that the files tagged with year as 1965 are before the files tagged with year as 1962. So, track 1-10 are tagged with years 1965 and track 11-20 are tagged with years 1962. When playing with BubbleUPnP, the files will be sorted first from 11-20 and then 1-10.

Is there a way around it?
04-03-2020, 18:34
Where do you see this incorrect sorting in BubbleUPnP? Is it in the playing queue or when browsing your library? Have you used tagFormat to include the date in the track title? A screenshot of what you are seeing in BubbleUPnP would be helpful.
04-03-2020, 19:32
Attached. I see this when browsing through "Folder View" and on the play list. When browsing through "Albums" I can see two albums and it works great but when using folder view, I see one album.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

04-03-2020, 22:34 (This post was last modified: 04-03-2020 22:34 by simoncn.)
Folder view doesn't show albums, just files and folders. In this case, you have files from two albums in the same folder. MinimServer shows all the files from the "first" album followed by all the files from the "second" album.

If you look at the album names, you will probably see that the "first" album is from 1962 and has an album name that sorts before the "second" album from 1965.