Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
DoPWave problems
10-04-2013, 13:35 (This post was last modified: 10-04-2013 13:37 by Frode.)
DoPWave problems
My v.0.70 transcoding field looks like this:
wav24,dopwave
however I cant get my PWD to play dff and dsf files (2.8MHz) from library as PCM by using the PlugPlayer as my control point. I have also tried EMM, Kinsky and the Lumin app. I get no errors from minimserver (green). The app is just sitting there with no progress for the track in question.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-04-2013, 14:16
RE: DoPWave problems
(10-04-2013 13:35)Frode Wrote:  My v.0.70 transcoding field looks like this:
wav24,dopwave
however I cant get my PWD to play dff and dsf files (2.8MHz) from library as PCM by using the PlugPlayer as my control point. I have also tried EMM, Kinsky and the Lumin app. I get no errors from minimserver (green). The app is just sitting there with no progress for the track in question.

There is a bug with the dopwav support in 0.70. I'm investigating it now.

Does the PWD support DoP encoding? DoP isn't the same as PCM. It uses PCM formats to carry DSD data.
10-04-2013, 14:36
(10-04-2013 14:16)simoncn Wrote:  
(10-04-2013 13:35)Frode Wrote:  My v.0.70 transcoding field looks like this:
wav24,dopwave

There is a bug with the dopwav support in 0.70. I'm investigating it now.

Does the PWD support DoP encoding? DoP isn't the same as PCM. It uses PCM formats to carry DSD data.
The PWD does not support DoP so I guess it won't work, still if you solve the bug - but thanks anyway (appreciated as always) Smile
Lumin renderer support it, but it also support the native format.

Frode
07-09-2013, 09:04 (This post was last modified: 07-09-2013 09:26 by wappinghigh.)
Simon, I'm also having problems with PlugPlayer and this. And my DAC supports DSD over DoP (via USB).. It's an Invicta

Simon I have entered 'dopwav' into the transcode properties via MinimWatch. And rebooted.

The dsd files are fine. I've checked them. The play fine direct thru the Oppo via smb.

up to 24/192 PCM files are all OK..theses are in AIFF

I assume the Invicta supports Wav on the USB becuase it does on the Sd card..

Anyway, when I play the DSD file within plugplayer, the file plays, but there is only the faintest sound of the track coming out.. like it is a million miles away..

I'm testing plugplayer on OSX and the Invicta here plugged via USB into a mac.. in preparation for a dedicated linux solution..

Any clues what might be going on..?

Cheers
07-09-2013, 09:23 (This post was last modified: 07-09-2013 09:30 by wappinghigh.)
Hahahaha. That's weird.. When I stream the files using plugplayer direct into the Oppo (using UpnP of course), excatly the same thing is happening. File plays fine..but there is hiss and the music can be heard "way away in the distant background". LOL! I'm on 0.72. Whats going on???
07-09-2013, 11:17 (This post was last modified: 07-09-2013 11:17 by simoncn.)
(07-09-2013 09:23)wappinghigh Wrote:  Hahahaha. That's weird.. When I stream the files using plugplayer direct into the Oppo (using UpnP of course), excatly the same thing is happening. File plays fine..but there is hiss and the music can be heard "way away in the distant background". LOL! I'm on 0.72. Whats going on???

Are you using a DSD64 file or DSD128 file? MinimServer currently supports DoP transcoding for DSD64 but not for DSD128.

Can you see anything on the Invicta or OPPO display to confirm whether they are receiving a DoP signal? The Invicta display should look like the image in this post.
07-09-2013, 13:42 (This post was last modified: 07-09-2013 14:59 by wappinghigh.)
I don't understand. That is an image seen with Audivarna (which I don't have)

Are you saying I have to change the core audio output somehow with a program like Audivarna first?

When I play the tracks, there is no indication they are dsd. The invicta remains lit as PCM 192 (which is what I have set it in midi)

The #audiodata info in Minimserver on the files is 1/2822400

A trail version of HQPlayer "fails to open any audio device" (even though the DAC is mounted and seen in midi)

It's the same connected to two different macs..

This combo is a dud. Stuff this hobby sometimes.. It can get very trying Smile

Does all the above give you any more clues?
07-09-2013, 15:16
...stuff this. it's 12.30am I'm going to bed hehehe
07-09-2013, 16:16 (This post was last modified: 07-09-2013 16:27 by simoncn.)
(07-09-2013 13:42)wappinghigh Wrote:  I don't understand. That is an image seen with Audivarna (which I don't have)

Are you saying I have to change the core audio output somehow with a program like Audivarna first?

My apologies. I thought this image was showing the Invicta's display.

Quote:When I play the tracks, there is no indication they are dsd. The invicta remains lit as PCM 192 (which is what I have set it in midi)

This suggests that the Invicta isn't picking up the DoP signal, but is playing the stream from MinimServer as if it were a normal PCM WAV file.

The transcoded DoP/WAV stream from MinimServer is encoded as PCM 24/176.4 (not 192). I'm not sure what you mean by setting PCM 192 "in midi". If you can change this setting to 24/176.4, this would probably help.

Quote:The #audiodata info in Minimserver on the files is 1/2822400

This is DSD64, so it should work with DoP/WAV transcoding.
07-09-2013, 16:38
Which UPnP renderer are you using on the Mac to send the DoP/WAV stream from MinimServer to the Mac USB output?