Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Playing classical music
09-02-2020, 19:49
Playing classical music
I have the basic install of minim server2 on my N100. All I want to do is click on an album click on the first track and have the whole album play. I don’t want it split into separate concertos, movements etc. If I want to select the second concerto or symphony on an album containing More than one then I can just skip to the start of it. If I want to listen to all of the album ( as I would if playing a CD) I should be able to . Even if I use the generic tree instead of the classical tree the albums in my album view still tend to behave like this. How can I make this happen? I am using my Melco N100 into a Naim NDXs2 streamer. My album view is not good at all with lots of errors in displaying my music in the Naim app. It is better using other apps but the issue on wanting to play a classical album straight through remains in the other apps I have tried.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-02-2020, 22:13
RE: Playing classical music
Welcome to the MinimServer forum!

To play an album straight though with the Naim app, you can touch the "3 dots" icon next to the album name. This gives you various options: Play (or Play now), Queue next and Queue last. If you select Play (or Play now), this should add all tracks of the album to the playing queue in the correct order and start playing the first track. I have tried this and it works as expected. What happens for you when you do this?
10-02-2020, 22:58
RE: Playing classical music
(09-02-2020 22:13)simoncn Wrote:  Welcome to the MinimServer forum!

To play an album straight though with the Naim app, you can touch the "3 dots" icon next to the album name. This gives you various options: Play (or Play now), Queue next and Queue last. If you select Play (or Play now), this should add all tracks of the album to the playing queue in the correct order and start playing the first track. I have tried this and it works as expected. What happens for you when you do this?

Well I did this.........and it works! ? There are 2 albums where it plays from the second piece not the first but all the others are ok thanks. Also since I updated the Naim app this evening the albums are now displaying what I expect when clicking on them! Result!!