2) From the minim icon for the NAS, select 'Show log'
3) In the log window, set the logging level to Trace
4) In the log window, press 'Clear'
5) Restart MinimServer on the NAS
6) In the log window, press 'Save as' to save the log to a file
7) In the log window, set the logging level back to Info
8) Zip the log file and post it here

Thanks!

Simon, thanks for looking into this. Attached the Log-zip.

Attached File(s)
.zip  MinimOnNAS.zip (Size: 110.72 KB / Downloads: 0)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-04-2013, 08:21 (This post was last modified: 10-04-2013 10:01 by bbrip.)
RE: MinimServer 0.70 - Working with the new tagFormat property
(09-04-2013 23:00)simoncn Wrote:  A common cause of missing albums/items is a mismatch between the locale charset on the NAS and the charset of your filenames and directory names. You can check the locale charset on the NAS by setting the logging level to Verbose and restarting MinimServer. You'll see a log message saying what locale charset MinimServer is using.

The recommended combination is to use UTF-8 for both the locale charset and the charset of your filenames and directory names.

Wed Apr 10 09:18:08 stopping MinimServer
Wed Apr 10 09:18:08 MinimServer is stopped
Wed Apr 10 09:18:08 starting MinimServer
Wed Apr 10 09:18:08 Platform default charset is US-ASCII

For some Reason its "US-ASCII". I am not sure whether it always was that way or whether the recent install hick-ups changed something. Anyway, just going thru the NAS settings menu and see where I can change this.

THanks for the hint

UPDATE: Language Settings for my NAS is set to "German (unicode)". I checked the drop down box, there isnt an option for UTF-8. Cant see an other place where this option can be activated.... Also googled a bit on the ReadyNAS forums and if understand correctly, UTF-8 should be supported by default... Certainly 0.63 just ran fine.

UPDATE 2 -- PROBLEM SOLVED !!
I changed the language on the NAS to "English (unicode)" and re-bootet the NAS and restarted Minim. After that it reported the encoding as being "UTF-8" and all albums are now being scanned correctly.

I am still unclear as to the root cause of the issue, but at least its fixed now. Thanks again Simon for pointing me in the right direction.

bbrip
10-04-2013, 11:11
(10-04-2013 08:21)bbrip Wrote:  UPDATE 2 -- PROBLEM SOLVED !!
I changed the language on the NAS to "English (unicode)" and re-bootet the NAS and restarted Minim. After that it reported the encoding as being "UTF-8" and all albums are now being scanned correctly.

I am still unclear as to the root cause of the issue, but at least its fixed now. Thanks again Simon for pointing me in the right direction.

bbrip

I've been experimenting with this on my NAS, with rather strange results. I'm using a Duo v2 running Frontview 5.3, which has a different way of selecting the language.

The initial Frontview setting on my NAS is to have no language selected (all boxes unchecked). With this, MinimServer reports US-ASCII. If I change this to English (with the English box checked) and reboot the NAS, MinimServer reports UTF-8. If I change this to German (with the German box checked) and reboot the NAS, MinimServer still reports UTF-8. If I change this to Auto (with the Auto box checked) and reboot the NAS, MinimServer still reports UTF-8.

Please try re-selecting German (unicode) and restarting your NAS. You don't need to reinstall MinimServer. After the NAS restarts, does MinimServer report UTF-8 or US-ASCII?
10-04-2013, 11:25
I did that and I now also get the correct charset UTF-8 when selecting German (Unicode) reported by Minim.

weird...

bbrip
10-04-2013, 11:48 (This post was last modified: 10-04-2013 11:49 by simoncn.)
(10-04-2013 11:25)bbrip Wrote:  I did that and I now also get the correct charset UTF-8 when selecting German (Unicode) reported by Minim.

weird...

bbrip

Weird, but consistently weird with what I've been seeing. It seems the first language selection in Frontview sets something within the innards of Raidiator that causes the correct LANG environment variable to be passed to the MinimServer process. This internal setting also puts a tick mark in one of the selections in the language pulldown for the Frontview 5.3 UI.

The next release of MinimServer will also display the charset message when the logging level is set to its default value Info. This should make it easier for users to see whether they have this problem.
10-04-2013, 13:01 (This post was last modified: 10-04-2013 13:03 by bbrip.)
(09-04-2013 14:23)simoncn Wrote:  You should be able to send multiple <artist> XML tags by using Artist.multiTag. This would work with Artist file tags or with Soloist file tags aliased to Artist.

Other variations are possible. You could leave the Soloist tag unaliased and use the Soloist.displayRoles={artist} setting to send it to the control point as the XML tag

<artist role="Soloist">My Soloist</artist>

You can combine this with Soloist.multiTag to send multiple soloist values as separate XML tags.

Back on trying to get multiple artist strings passed as XML tags. I tried the method you describe above, Aliasing Soloist as artist and then setting the MultiTag property for Artist. However, it only picks up one soloist (the first one).

I tought it might be related to the fact that the "Composer.displayRoles={artist}" was still set (therefore a duplicate assignment of artist to yet another field??) and took that off. However when restarting Minim, I found that Minim just parses that string back in...

The other limitation of the above method is, that I can no longer use the tagFormat property to set the display format for Artist to "soloist, orchestra, conductor"... etc... I then tried around with the "index.format" property but that only throw error messages at me.. I thought that was the differentiation that you could set a display value for a given tag and one for indexing purposes ?? I could'nt get that to work so I need to scratch my head a bit more how to best achieve this Confused

bbrip
10-04-2013, 13:34
(10-04-2013 13:01)bbrip Wrote:  
(09-04-2013 14:23)simoncn Wrote:  You should be able to send multiple <artist> XML tags by using Artist.multiTag. This would work with Artist file tags or with Soloist file tags aliased to Artist.

Other variations are possible. You could leave the Soloist tag unaliased and use the Soloist.displayRoles={artist} setting to send it to the control point as the XML tag

<artist role="Soloist">My Soloist</artist>

You can combine this with Soloist.multiTag to send multiple soloist values as separate XML tags.

Back on trying to get multiple artist strings passed as XML tags. I tried the method you describe above, Aliasing Soloist as artist and then setting the MultiTag property for Artist. However, it only picks up one soloist (the first one).

As I said prevously (see above), you need to use Soloist.multiTag, not Artist.multiTag.

Quote:I tought it might be related to the fact that the "Composer.displayRoles={artist}" was still set (therefore a duplicate assignment of artist to yet another field??) and took that off. However when restarting Minim, I found that Minim just parses that string back in...

If you have Composer in indexTags or itemTags, MinimServer will add 'Composer.displayRoles={artist}' by default. If you don't want to send any composer information to the control point, you need to set 'Composer.displayRoles={}'.

Quote:The other limitation of the above method is, that I can no longer use the tagFormat property to set the display format for Artist to "soloist, orchestra, conductor"... etc...

This should work OK if you use Soloist.multiTag instead of Artist.multiTag.

Quote:I then tried around with the "index.format" property but that only throw error messages at me.. I thought that was the differentiation that you could set a display value for a given tag and one for indexing purposes ?? I could'nt get that to work so I need to scratch my head a bit more how to best achieve this Confused

bbrip

What would you like to have in the XML data that MinimServer sends to the control point for display? If you want:

<artist role="Soloist">soloist1</artist>
<artist role="Soloist">soloist2</artist>
<artist>soloist1, soloist2, orchestra, conductor</artist>

you can do this by setting a combination of

Soloist.displayRoles
Soloist.multiTag
Artist.displayFormat

This is a slightly strange combination of separate XML tags (for soloist) and merged information in a single XML tag (for artist). I was expecting people who prefer the multiple tag approach to be sending

<artist role="Orchestra">orchestra</artist>
<artist role="Conductor">conductor</artist>

so that the control point can do the appropriate combining of these values for display. If you can explain what you'd like to achieve, I can probably suggest how to do it.
10-04-2013, 14:19 (This post was last modified: 10-04-2013 14:20 by bbrip.)
(10-04-2013 13:34)simoncn Wrote:  As I said prevously (see above), you need to use Soloist.multiTag, not Artist.multiTag.

Sorry that was a typo of mine. I have Soloist.multiTag set but still only get the first soloist passed on....

(10-04-2013 13:34)simoncn Wrote:  If you have Composer in indexTags or itemTags, MinimServer will add 'Composer.displayRoles={artist}' by default. If you don't want to send any composer information to the control point, you need to set 'Composer.displayRoles={}'.

I want composer information send, but I want it send to the Composer field not the Artist field, ie of that empty bracket expression 'kills' the composer from being passed on, I better leave it as the default.

(10-04-2013 13:34)simoncn Wrote:  What would you like to have in the XML data that MinimServer sends to the control point for display? If you want:

<artist>soloist1, soloist2, orchestra, conductor</artist>

you can do this by setting a combination of

Soloist.displayRoles
Soloist.multiTag
Artist.displayFormat

This is a slightly strange combination of separate XML tags (for soloist) and merged information in a single XML tag (for artist). I was expecting people who prefer the multiple tag approach to be sending

<artist role="Orchestra">orchestra</artist>
<artist role="Conductor">conductor</artist>

so that the control point can do the appropriate combining of these values for display. If you can explain what you'd like to achieve, I can probably suggest how to do it.

well, what you describe in the last paragraph is pretty much what I want: I'd like to see all "artists" in the wider sense, ie mainly Soloists and conductors to appear as individual entries in the "Artist" tag so I can search or browse on them. (for now not Orchestras or Ensembles, thats just getting too mingled-up for my taste).

And for display purposes a combined string in the Artist field including the orchestra or ensemble or chorus. Example: "Anne Sophie Mutter, Jo-Jo Ma, New York Philharmonic, Kurt Masur" (understanding that the turning-round of lastname/firstname is not yet possible).
10-04-2013, 15:46
(10-04-2013 14:19)bbrip Wrote:  Sorry that was a typo of mine. I have Soloist.multiTag set but still only get the first soloist passed on....

Sorry, that was a typo of mine: it should be Soloist.display.multiTag. I've tried this, and I get multiple soloists as separate <artist role="Soloist"> XML tags. Are you sure the file contains multiple Soloist tags?

Quote: I want composer information send, but I want it send to the Composer field not the Artist field, ie of that empty bracket expression 'kills' the composer from being passed on, I better leave it as the default.

The XML data sent to the control point doesn't have a composer field. The XML tag used to send composer information is either <artist role="Composer"> or <author role="Composer">. If you want to send composer information, you need to specify either Composer.displayRoles={artist} or Composer.displayRoles={author} to tell MinimServer which of these to use.

Quote:well, what you describe in the last paragraph is pretty much what I want: I'd like to see all "artists" in the wider sense, ie mainly Soloists and conductors to appear as individual entries in the "Artist" tag so I can search or browse on them. (for now not Orchestras or Ensembles, thats just getting too mingled-up for my taste).

And for display purposes a combined string in the Artist field including the orchestra or ensemble or chorus. Example: "Anne Sophie Mutter, Jo-Jo Ma, New York Philharmonic, Kurt Masur" (understanding that the turning-round of lastname/firstname is not yet possible).

This is possible with MinimServer 0.70, but it seems inconsistent. Are you expecting the control point to use the <artist role="xxx"> data for searching/browsing purposes only, and to use the <artist> data for display purposes only? I would hope that a control point that accepts multiple <artist role="xxx"> tags would also accept multiple <artist> tags, and would be smart enough to combine the information in all these tags to produce a suitable artist display string.
10-04-2013, 16:20 (This post was last modified: 10-04-2013 16:21 by bbrip.)
What I was meaning with "not yet possible" is to display the artists as "firstname lastname" in that combined artist string when it has been ragged as "lastname, firstname". Creating the combined string itself works just fine.

yes, I got multiple Soloists tagged. The results are a bit inconsistant here: Songbook just displays the first Soloist as part of the Artist listing. LUMIN lumps them all into one artist string... I think I need a break on this...

my TagCustom contains the following:
Soloist.display.MultiTag, Genre.display.MultiTag, Soloist.displayRoles={artist}, Conductor.displayRoles={artist}, Composer.displayRoles={artist}

my TagFormat the following
Artist.displayFormat={$soloist$chorus$ensemble$orchestra$conductor}
(that string is being generated just fine - so no problem here)

I have no aliasing set. as when I alias Soloist:Artist, I cant use that TagFormat string anymore (getting error)

All is fine on the Genre.display.MultiTag as reported before.