Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Use "Artist" instead of "Album Artists" for visualisation
13-11-2019, 11:37
Use "Artist" instead of "Album Artists" for visualisation
Hi,

I am using MinimServer to provide my Music to the Multiroom System Heos (Denon).

The library includes many samplers like "Best of...".
These files are tagged properly. The persons performing the songs are added to "Artist".
And "Album Artist" is tagged as "Various Artists", to ensure that several programs recognize this disc as one unit instead of visually splitting it up to ~40 discs with 1 song each.

Unfortunately I can't configure the Heos app and obviously it takes the "Album Artists" for visualisation. If I open up a sampler, I see ~40 times "Various Artists -" followed by the song title.

I can't change the app, I can't change the tags for the above mentioned reasons, so can I use MinimServer to solve this issue by a modified linkage?

Thank you
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
13-11-2019, 20:26
RE: Use "Artist" instead of "Album Artists" for visualisation
Do you need the album artist anywhere in your control point? Otherwise you can just use artist, either by aliasing albumartist to artist, or by setting AlbumArtist.displayformat{$artist}.

Personally, I find that albumartist creates problems instead of solving them, so I remove the tag from all my music files.
13-11-2019, 20:54
I use 'Album artist' for the principal performer and 'Artist' to list all the performers (for jazz groups) or conductor and orchestra for classical, on individual tracks.

System: ALAC iTunes library on Synology DS412+ (running MinimServer) > Airport Extreme bridge > Optical isolation > dCS Network Bridge (controlled by Galaxy Tab S2 tablet running BubbleUPnP&Mosaic) > PS Audio DirectStream DAC > Primare A60 > Harbeth SHL5plus 40th Anniversary model
13-11-2019, 21:05
No I do not need the album artist.

Where do I have to add this to: AlbumArtist.displayformat{$artist}?
13-11-2019, 22:02 (This post was last modified: 13-11-2019 22:03 by simoncn.)
Before you try adding this displayFormat setting, I suggest you try deleting the settings in the tagCustom property and restarting MinimServer. Some control points don't correctly read the XML metadata sent by MinimServer and misinterpret the AlbumArtist value and/or Composer value as being the Artist value.

If removing the tagCustom settings fixes this issue, this means that the HEOS app has this problem. Please let me know what effect this change has.
14-11-2019, 10:30
OK, so I will remove

Quote:AlbumArtist.displayRole={artist}, Composer.displayRole={artist}

at "tagCustom" and let you know what happens
14-11-2019, 10:52 (This post was last modified: 14-11-2019 10:54 by Spawnie.)
OK, "customTag" is blank now.

- BubbleUPNP didn't change the appereance - or at least I didn't recognize it.

- The Heos app is working better now. Each titel got 2 lines now instead of 1.
Line 1: Songtitel
Line 2: Artist - Album
Additionally the order changed, but I assume that's caused by the Heos App. So the usual order is like the tracks are stored on the disc, but now they are in an alphabetical order.
A: all tracks where the 1st word starts with an A
B: all tracks where the 1st word starts with an B
etc.

So in general it's OK. The perfect version would be if Artist - Title is in one row to save some room and because I know which album I opened, so I do not need to see this in each single track Smile
Any idea if that's feasible?
14-11-2019, 11:24 (This post was last modified: 14-11-2019 11:25 by simoncn.)
This layout is controlled by the Heos app and MinimServer cannot change it. Is it possible to use BubbleUPnP to play music to the Denon system?
14-11-2019, 13:16
Yes, in general it would work, but it's much more complicated or even impossible to manage all the other stuff in BubbleUPNP like Webradio, building & changing groups of devices etc.

One question additional question and sorry for OT: Is there any Android based solution to trigger the Rescan if new files were added?
MinimServer doesn't do autoscan and usually I don't stay at the PC until moving the files is finished, so triggering it "mobile" would be great
14-11-2019, 13:54
MinimServer provides a web page with a Rescan button. To access this page, enter http://x.x.x.x:9790 where x.x.x.x is the IP address of the server machine.