Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
minimserver fails to start
07-11-2019, 19:02
minimserver fails to start
I discovered that my minimserver daemon wasn't running. But it will not start and I am getting the following errors
Code:
java.lang.ClassFormatError: Incompatible magic value 4294967295 in class file sun/util/calendar/ZoneInfoFile$Checksum
        at java.base/sun.util.calendar.ZoneInfoFile.getZoneInfo(ZoneInfoFile.java:729)
        at java.base/sun.util.calendar.ZoneInfoFile.getZoneInfo(ZoneInfoFile.java:375)
        at java.base/sun.util.calendar.ZoneInfoFile.getZoneInfo0(ZoneInfoFile.java:138)
        at java.base/sun.util.calendar.ZoneInfoFile.getZoneInfo(ZoneInfoFile.java:114)
        at java.base/sun.util.calendar.ZoneInfo.getTimeZone(ZoneInfo.java:588)
        at java.base/java.util.TimeZone.getTimeZone(TimeZone.java:577)
        at java.base/java.util.TimeZone.setDefaultZone(TimeZone.java:682)
        at java.base/java.util.TimeZone.getDefaultRef(TimeZone.java:653)
        at java.base/java.util.TimeZone.getDefault(TimeZone.java:642)
        at java.base/java.util.Calendar.defaultTimeZone(Calendar.java:1679)
        at java.base/java.util.Calendar.getInstance(Calendar.java:1660)
        at java.base/java.text.SimpleDateFormat.initializeCalendar(SimpleDateFormat.java:676)
        at java.base/java.text.SimpleDateFormat.<init>(SimpleDateFormat.java:620)
        at java.base/java.text.SimpleDateFormat.<init>(SimpleDateFormat.java:599)
        at org.jminim.mlaunch.MinimLaunch.<clinit>(MinimLaunch.java:65)
        at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.ja​va:62)
        at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccesso​rImpl.java:43)
        at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:566)
        at org.jminim.launch.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:88)
        at com.minimserver.launch.LaunchServer.main(LaunchServer.java:34)
MinimServer: error calling MinimLaunch.launch: java.lang.ClassFormatError: Incompatible magic value 4294967295 in class file sun/util/calendar/ZoneInfoFile$Checksum
I have been looking around, and some suggest I should clean the cache, but I have no clue where and how to do that,
This is on a Raspberry Pi3, with raspbian linux.

Charles
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2019, 20:40
RE: minimserver fails to start
Your Java installation is corrupt. It is hard to say how this happened or how best to fix it. Have you done anything with Java after installing Raspbian?
07-11-2019, 21:23
(07-11-2019 20:40)simoncn Wrote:  Your Java installation is corrupt. It is hard to say how this happened or how best to fix it. Have you done anything with Java after installing Raspbian?

Thanks for your reply, and no, except that there have been recent upgrades, this raspberry is actually only being used for running the minimserver and a wordpress web site. I will re-install the java and see if that clears the issue.
11-11-2019, 23:35
(07-11-2019 21:23)fluid_02 Wrote:  
(07-11-2019 20:40)simoncn Wrote:  Your Java installation is corrupt. It is hard to say how this happened or how best to fix it. Have you done anything with Java after installing Raspbian?

Thanks for your reply, and no, except that there have been recent upgrades, this raspberry is actually only being used for running the minimserver and a wordpress web site. I will re-install the java and see if that clears the issue.

I did a reinstall of the 4 openJDK packages, and all is well again.