Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new user: album art, audio files
04-11-2019, 14:55
new user: album art, audio files
I have recently added minim server to my Synology ds212 and minim watch to may Mac mini as well as minim streamer. I am currently adding my collection using iTunes.

I have read through quite a few forum posts and looked at the user guide quite a bit, but I am behind the curve a bit in my understanding.

I would like to add album art but can’t figure out what steps to take.

Also, at this point, minim server doesn’t look that much different from audio station on the Synology.

However, I am still looking forward to finishing setting minim server up.

Thanks,
Don
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2019, 15:39
RE: new user: album art, audio files
(04-11-2019 14:55)donlw Wrote:  I would like to add album art but can’t figure out what steps to take.

This Artwork section of the User guide looks fairly comprehensive.
04-11-2019, 15:57
(04-11-2019 15:39)Alandbush Wrote:  
(04-11-2019 14:55)donlw Wrote:  I would like to add album art but can’t figure out what steps to take.

This Artwork section of the User guide looks fairly comprehensive.

Thanks for responding. I have read that over several times, but to me that is information, not directions. I have not been able how to figure out how to access audio files. I am sure the is due to limitations in my understanding of the minimserver.
Thanks,
Don
04-11-2019, 16:10
The short introduction to UPnP on this page might help. MinimServer is a UPnP server and to play music you also need a UPnP control point and a UPnP renderer. MinimWatch is not a UPnP control point and cannot be used to play music.

What device are you using to play your music at present? Does it support UPnP or DLNA?
04-11-2019, 16:24 (This post was last modified: 04-11-2019 16:36 by donlw.)
(04-11-2019 16:10)simoncn Wrote:  The short introduction to UPnP on this page might help. MinimServer is a UPnP server and to play music you also need a UPnP control point and a UPnP renderer. MinimWatch is not a UPnP control point and cannot be used to play music.

What device are you using to play your music at present? Does it support UPnP or DLNA?

Simon,
I am using a sonore microdrendu to play music. I have been playing music from audio station on the Synology. I guess I thought audio station was the control point. I have not been able to find out about the microrendu’s compatibility, but I am looking it up.

Can you suggest a control point?

Your response helps a great deal.

Thanks,
Don
04-11-2019, 16:57
When I started using MinimServer on a Synology NAS I tried several control point apps to use in conjunction with a Sonore Rendu renderer (2013 model, ethernet>SPDIF renderer). I found BubbleUPnP the best for my needs (mainly classical music in the library). I'd guess the Microrendu is similar.

System: ALAC iTunes library on Synology DS412+ (running MinimServer) > Airport Extreme bridge > Optical isolation > dCS Network Bridge (controlled by Galaxy Tab S2 tablet running BubbleUPnP&Mosaic) > PS Audio DirectStream DAC > Primare A60 > Harbeth SHL5plus 40th Anniversary model
04-11-2019, 17:12
(04-11-2019 16:24)donlw Wrote:  
(04-11-2019 16:10)simoncn Wrote:  The short introduction to UPnP on this page might help. MinimServer is a UPnP server and to play music you also need a UPnP control point and a UPnP renderer. MinimWatch is not a UPnP control point and cannot be used to play music.

Simon,
I am using a sonore microdrendu to play music. I have been playing music from audio station on the Synology. I guess I thought audio station was the control point. I have not been able to find out about the microrendu’s compatibility, but I am looking it up.

Can you suggest a control point?

Your response helps a great deal.

Thanks,
Don
Simon,
This is from sonore:
Mode #3a - DLNA Output - This output utilizes streams from UPnP/DLNA servers and controllers. This output can be configured as an OpenHome renderer. This output supports true gapless playback of PCM, DSD/DoP, and native DSD.
Thanks,
Don
04-11-2019, 17:14
(04-11-2019 16:57)DavidL Wrote:  When I started using MinimServer on a Synology NAS I tried several control point apps to use in conjunction with a Sonore Rendu renderer (2013 model, ethernet>SPDIF renderer). I found BubbleUPnP the best for my needs (mainly classical music in the library). I'd guess the Microrendu is similar.

David,
I almost missed your post. I am going to check that out.
thanks,
Don
04-11-2019, 20:19
If you have an Android device, BubbleUPnP is an excellent choice. There are also iOS control points but none is as good as BubbleUPnP.

If you are still not seeing album art when using BubbleUPnP, please post back here.
04-11-2019, 22:51
Just to add to Simon's endorsement of the BubbleUPnP control app. I thought it was so much better than the alternatives that I bought an Android tablet just to run it, as we are otherwise a totally Mac household.

System: ALAC iTunes library on Synology DS412+ (running MinimServer) > Airport Extreme bridge > Optical isolation > dCS Network Bridge (controlled by Galaxy Tab S2 tablet running BubbleUPnP&Mosaic) > PS Audio DirectStream DAC > Primare A60 > Harbeth SHL5plus 40th Anniversary model