Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minimserver nas synology
03-04-2013, 21:28 (This post was last modified: 03-04-2013 21:43 by troglos.)
Minimserver nas synology
Finally this morning I have to devote some time to ds 710 + after solving the problems with the installation of java, I am going to install the minimserver.

As per the information provided on the site I am going to create a home folder and all rights I enable read and write, reboot the nas and go to install on the ds 710 + minimserver.

At ternine of the installation I get a message telling me that it was not possible to install the minimserver as it does not have a home directory, you have solutions to the problem.

Do you know if there is a guide that explains how to install the minimserver on Synology NAS for new users.

You can make a package that creates everything automatically, to meet even less-experienced users.

Ps: on ds 710 + and 'installed' s latest version of java is that the dsm .

thanks troglos
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2013, 21:59
RE: Minimserver nas synology
(03-04-2013 21:28)troglos Wrote:  Finally this morning I have to devote some time to ds 710 + after solving the problems with the installation of java, I am going to install the minimserver.

As per the information provided on the site I am going to create a home folder and all rights I enable read and write, reboot the nas and go to install on the ds 710 + minimserver.

At ternine of the installation I get a message telling me that it was not possible to install the minimserver as it does not have a home directory, you have solutions to the problem.

Do you know if there is a guide that explains how to install the minimserver on Synology NAS for new users.

You can make a package that creates everything automatically, to meet even less-experienced users.

thanks troglos

Hi troglos,

you may already have found the detailed Synology installation instructions here.

I presume that you already have managed to install the Java package by patters successfully.
As the second step, the MinimServer package requires the 'User Home Service' in the Synology DSM to be enabled. You will find this setting under
Control Panel -> User -> User Home -> tick the 'Enable user home service' checkbox

If this doesn't help, please provide the exact error message when the installation aborts. Thanks!
04-04-2013, 06:29 (This post was last modified: 04-04-2013 06:58 by troglos.)
(03-04-2013 21:59)winxi Wrote:  
(03-04-2013 21:28)troglos Wrote:  Finally this morning I have to devote some time to ds 710 + after solving the problems with the installation of java, I am going to install the minimserver.

thanks troglos

Hi troglos,

you may already have found the detailed Synology installation instructions here.

I presume that you already have managed to install the Java package by patters successfully.
As the second step, the MinimServer package requires the 'User Home Service' in the Synology DSM to be enabled. You will find this setting under
Control Panel -> User -> User Home -> tick the 'Enable user home service' checkbox

If this doesn't help, please provide the exact error message when the installation aborts. Thanks!

Hello winxi

This message is at the end of the installation

MinimServer

installation of this package failed.

The User Home Service is not enabled . Please enable this feature in the DSM .Control Panel->user->User Home

You tell me in simple and clear way how do I enable home service,
This is the procedure that I used to no avail.

I go to Control Panel> User account> Create new user insert the name I enable rights to read / write> apply> restart the NAS and install the package MinimServer

This is the procedure I use to create a new user.

is the procedure I use to create a new user.

Name Home Service

Description MinimServer

Email / password / confirm password left blank

Send email notification to the newly created user and do not allow the Edit Password accont are not enabled

next> Add> next> I enable read and write> read more> active user share quota settings> more

assigns privileges Applications> active all>

speed limit settings> is not nothing I enable> forward

apply, and reboot the NAS

Hello Troglos
04-04-2013, 07:45 (This post was last modified: 04-04-2013 07:58 by winxi.)
(04-04-2013 06:29)troglos Wrote:  Hello winxi

MinimServer

The User Home Service is not enabled . Please enable this feature in the DSM .Control Panel->user->User Home

As the message states and I suspected before, you need to enable the 'User Home Service'. This is not a setting specific to a user, but it is a global DSM setting which provides each user with a dedicated home-directory.
Please note that you should not create yourself a user for the MinimServer installation. The package takes care of this automatically, you just have to enable the single setting 'User Home Service'.

Please follow these steps exactly to enable the 'User Home Service':
1) In the DSM main menu, left click on the icon 'Control Panel' to open the Control Panel.
2) In the Control Panel, left click on the icon 'User' to open 'Control Panel - User'.
3) In 'Control Panel - User', left click on the button 'User Home' to open the User Home dialog box.
4) In the User Home dialog box, tick the checkbox 'Enable user home service' to enable the User Home Service.
5) In the User Home dialog box, left click on the button 'OK' to apply this setting.

You may change the DSM language temporarily to English to find the exact terms of the steps above.

Edit: you should not read the error message such that you have to enable a user named 'Home Service'. The three words 'User Home Service' mean a single setting.
04-04-2013, 10:03 (This post was last modified: 04-04-2013 10:05 by troglos.)
(04-04-2013 07:45)winxi Wrote:  
(04-04-2013 06:29)troglos Wrote:  Hello winxi

MinimServer

As the message states and I suspected before, you need to enable the 'User Home Service'. This is not a setting specific to a user, but it is a global DSM setting which provides each user with a dedicated home-directory.
Please note that you should not create yourself a user for the MinimServer installation. The package takes care of this automatically, you just have to enable the single setting 'User Home Service'.

Please follow these steps exactly to enable the 'User Home Service':
1) In the DSM main menu, left click on the icon 'Control Panel' to open the Control Panel.
2) In the Control Panel, left click on the icon 'User' to open 'Control Panel - User'.
3) In 'Control Panel - User', left click on the button 'User Home' to open the User Home dialog box.
4) In the User Home dialog box, tick the checkbox 'Enable user home service' to enable the User Home Service.
5) In the User Home dialog box, left click on the button 'OK' to apply this setting.

You may change the DSM language temporarily to English to find the exact terms of the steps above.

Edit: you should not read the error message such that you have to enable a user named 'Home Service'. The three words 'User Home Service' mean a single setting.

Hello winxi

Now everything is clear I did everything but I had not enabled the user home.

Thank you for the explanation simple but effective.

Hello Troglos