Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Playing album tracks in correct order
07-10-2019, 00:36
Playing album tracks in correct order
I'm new to MinimServer so apologies if this has been covered already.
I recently bought a Riva Festival unit which has DLNA capability and can access networked media servers using their Android "WAND" ap. I keep my music on a Synolgy NAS and with the Synology Media Server I can specify in the Server options to display Album tracks in the format "Track Number. Title" (In my tags the Title tag does not include the track number although the filenames includes track number and title). This enables me to play tracks in an album in the correct order. I'v just started using MinimServer as it appears to offer some advantages wrt Classical Music. However I find that the album tracks are not shown in the correct order - only the Title of each track is shown. Short of having to retag all my music so that the track number is included in the title is there any way of controlling how MinimServer displays the metadata tags (ie combination of track number and title tags).Huh

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-10-2019, 07:16
RE: Playing album tracks in correct order
(07-10-2019 00:36)rowdy123 Wrote:  I'm new to MinimServer so apologies if this has been covered already.
I recently bought a Riva Festival unit which has DLNA capability and can access networked media servers using their Android "WAND" ap. I keep my music on a Synolgy NAS and with the Synology Media Server I can specify in the Server options to display Album tracks in the format "Track Number. Title" (In my tags the Title tag does not include the track number although the filenames includes track number and title). This enables me to play tracks in an album in the correct order. I'v just started using MinimServer as it appears to offer some advantages wrt Classical Music. However I find that the album tracks are not shown in the correct order - only the Title of each track is shown. Short of having to retag all my music so that the track number is included in the title is there any way of controlling how MinimServer displays the metadata tags (ie combination of track number and title tags).Huh

Thanks

I've now found a solution in a previous posting.
In MinimWatch under "Properties" set:
Server Tab/itemTags = Tracknumber
Advanced Tab/tagFormat = Title.displayFormat={$tracknumber^^. ^$title^^}
In the WAND ap this now displays the track titles with track number in the correct album order and this is the order in which they are played (WAND also has an option for displaying the tracks in date or size order as well as alphabetically). I imagine the alphabetic sorting wiil only give the correct order if your track number tags are in the format 01...etc.
07-10-2019, 09:23
Welcome to the MinimServer forum! Your solution is the correct way to solve this issue. Another option is to make MinimServer ignore all Title tags by setting aliasTags to Title:nil. If you do this, MinimServer uses the filename as the Title tag value.
07-10-2019, 10:40
(07-10-2019 09:23)simoncn Wrote:  Welcome to the MinimServer forum! Your solution is the correct way to solve this issue. Another option is to make MinimServer ignore all Title tags by setting aliasTags to Title:nil. If you do this, MinimServer uses the filename as the Title tag value.

Thanks - looks like MinimServer has a great community Big Grin