Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some Tracks not Appearing after Tagging
29-09-2019, 22:00
Some Tracks not Appearing after Tagging
Been doing a bit of tagging house keeping on my opera collection which is stored on Qnap NAS and served by minimserver to Bubble DS control point and thence to DS renderer.

My tagging session was intended to clean up errors and tag omissions in various fields and once done I have uploaded the revised works to the NAS and rescanned.

The BubbleDS display on my control point is working as usual and OK but now one or two tracks are missing. I have repeated the recscanning and cleared cache etc. I have checked the tracks are all present on the server but cannot see what I have done wrong. Please could somebody advise.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
29-09-2019, 22:09
RE: Some Tracks not Appearing after Tagging
Have you checked the MinimServer log for error messages?

Have you reloaded the library in BubbleDS (not the same as doing a MinimServer rescan from MinimWatch)?
29-09-2019, 22:56
(29-09-2019 22:09)simoncn Wrote:  Have you checked the MinimServer log for error messages?

Have you reloaded the library in BubbleDS (not the same as doing a MinimServer rescan from MinimWatch)?

Hi Simon,
One work now seems OK but the other has more missing and out of order. Not sure how to flush the BubbleDS cache but I deleted the offending files from NAS and uploaded again and all present and correct on Qnap file station web application.

I have restarted minimserver and rebooted phone and this has changed the playlist. I shall check again in case my tagging is bad. Meanwhile how do I clean and start over with logging, what setting, I assume verbose but in what order to get a new log from start to finish if that is the term?
30-09-2019, 09:14
All logging settings will include any error or warning messages about your files. The verbose setting will also show what directories were included in the scan.

To make sure MinimServer is scanning all your files without using data from its cache, you can set the startupScan property to full and then do a rescan. You should not use this as a permanent setting because it makes rescanning much slower.
30-09-2019, 10:01
Hi Simon,
As expected, my fault and nothing to do with minimserver. Recent system upgrade has resulted in new install of Easytag which had wrong settings so this has resulted in snafu. Have found and corrected so believe all now OK.

I did find a huge number of other errors in the log which will keep me busy for hours but nothing critical and all from non critical tagging errors.
Sorry to have wasted your time and many thanks once more.
Regards,
Alastair.