Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 10 still shutdown server
20-09-2019, 11:23
RE: Windows 10 still shutdown server
(20-09-2019 10:43)simoncn Wrote:  Thanks for this. There is nothing unusual here.

When MinimServer disappears from MusicCast, please enter http://x.x.x.x:9790 in a web browser, where x.x.x.x is the IP address of your Windows 10 machine. Do you see a web page titled MinimServer Status?

Yes I try this option. Address ip + port shows status of Minimserver. Everything is ok. Maybe my Yamaha R-N803D close connection? How test and check this?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
20-09-2019, 12:57
To find out what is happening, I would need to see a MinimServer trace log. Please do the following:

1) From the MinimServer minim icon in the Windows system tray, select 'Show log'
2) In the log window, set the Logging level to Trace
3) From the minim icon, select Exit
4) In the MinimServer\data folder, delete the minimserver.log file
5) Double-click the MinimServer desktop launch icon to restart MinimServer
6) As soon as MinimServer has disappeared from MusicCast, copy the minimserver.log file to minimserver1.log
7) Zip the minimserver1.log file (this step is important to reduce the file size)
8) Attach the zipped minimserver1.log file to a post here. If the zipped file is too large to attach, please post here and I will provide further instructions.
20-09-2019, 17:43
(20-09-2019 12:57)simoncn Wrote:  To find out what is happening, I would need to see a MinimServer trace log. Please do the following:

1) From the MinimServer minim icon in the Windows system tray, select 'Show log'
2) In the log window, set the Logging level to Trace
3) From the minim icon, select Exit
4) In the MinimServer\data folder, delete the minimserver.log file
5) Double-click the MinimServer desktop launch icon to restart MinimServer
6) As soon as MinimServer has disappeared from MusicCast, copy the minimserver.log file to minimserver1.log
7) Zip the minimserver1.log file (this step is important to reduce the file size)
8) Attach the zipped minimserver1.log file to a post here. If the zipped file is too large to attach, please post here and I will provide further instructions.

I attached some part of minim log files without my private part. Begging and last from minim.log. Could You check it?

Attached File(s)
.log  minim.log (Size: 21.38 KB / Downloads: 1)
20-09-2019, 20:07
Thanks for this log. It shows that a UPnP control point at IP address 192.168.0.11:49153 successfully subscribed to the MinimServer UPnP ContentDirectory service. After this, there were a number of unsuccessful subscription attempts, one from 192.168.0.11:49153 and four from 0.0.0.0:0. The latter is not a valid IP address.

I don't know whether these unsuccessful subscription attempts are important. MinimServer continued to run after this happened.

There were no attempts from the control point to browse the contents of the MinimServer library.

Can you try another UPnP control point instead of MusicCast? For example, the mconnect app is available for both iOS and Android and would be suitable for checking that MinimServer is working correctly.
20-09-2019, 23:10
(20-09-2019 20:07)simoncn Wrote:  Thanks for this log. It shows that a UPnP control point at IP address 192.168.0.11:49153 successfully subscribed to the MinimServer UPnP ContentDirectory service. After this, there were a number of unsuccessful subscription attempts, one from 192.168.0.11:49153 and four from 0.0.0.0:0. The latter is not a valid IP address.

I don't know whether these unsuccessful subscription attempts are important. MinimServer continued to run after this happened.

There were no attempts from the control point to browse the contents of the MinimServer library.

Can you try another UPnP control point instead of MusicCast? For example, the mconnect app is available for both iOS and Android and would be suitable for checking that MinimServer is working correctly.
I try other phone with iOS and Android and this same musiccast Controller. If doesn't work I give you a feedback. Thanks for your help.
07-05-2020, 17:44 (This post was last modified: 07-05-2020 17:45 by Gussy.)
I’d like to resurrect this thread, if I may...

I’m getting a similar problem as the one described in the first post. I can start minimserver (Windows) on my Windows 10 laptop without any problem but it doesn’t show up as an available server in Kazoo (Windows). But if you restart the green icon then the tile suddenly appears as available. You choose an album and it plays fine...but very quickly, the server tile will disappear again from Kazoo even though the green icon in the system tray remains visible and the music continues to play....similar problem with Kazoo/iPad - the minimserver (Windows) tile quickly disappears...

Don’t know if this is a Kazoo, windows10 or minim problem...
07-05-2020, 18:00 (This post was last modified: 07-05-2020 18:01 by simoncn.)
Probably not caused by Kazoo, Windows 10 or MinimServer but most likely a network issue with UPnP discovery messages being blocked, possibly by your router. See this section for some suggestions. What router do you have?
07-05-2020, 18:09
Telekom Speedport Smart - thing is, I’ve just changed the router from an older Speedport and the problem has persisted.
I’ll check out your link first - thanks!
07-05-2020, 18:40 (This post was last modified: 07-05-2020 18:55 by Gussy.)
When I check out x.x.x.x.9790 in Chrome I get a ‘this site could not be reached’ white screen but both minimserver (ds-nas) and minimserver (toshiba) are shown in Konfig and when you click on them the status is ˋrunning‘

The two minim servers are also showing in the network page in File Explorer.
07-05-2020, 19:47
Have you configured MinimServer to change http.port to something other than 9790? If not, are you sure you have the correct address for x.x.x.x? You don't type the x.x.x.x but substitute the IP address of the machine running MinimServer.