Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Composer search in Linn app
17-07-2021, 12:16
Composer search in Linn app
    Hi there,

I have been using Minim Server since about a year since I started to put my CD collection to a NAS. I am quite impressed how this all works and by the options for the configuration.

One thing that I find a bit annoying is the search for Composers. When I use the Linn app (new white one or Kazoo) together with the Kazoo Server, a search for the Composer entries provides results as it should. When I use the Minim Server (which is what I heavily prefer), the Linn apps do not show results for the composer (see attached image from the Linn app, "Musik-Knecht" is my Minim Server). Also, when I use the Lumin app, the search for composers does not work at all.

I built a work-around by adding the composer to the artist field with Minim Server (and defining the Artist.displayFormat with the artist alone). Then a search for a composer will show up, under artists. This works, but it would be nicer, if the composers would pop up correctly under composers in the Linn app.

Maybe someone has an idea!

Have a nice weekend!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
17-07-2021, 12:53
RE: Composer search in Linn app
Linn app has “some” issues on the search functionality …
But Lumïn app works as it should … have enabled the Composer tab?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

17-07-2021, 13:04
Thanks for this very quick answer!

Indeed, the composer tab in the Lumin app works here, too. What does not properly work is when going to the folder view in Lumin and the search for the composer (I would prefer the search in the folder view over the Lumin-own composer tab). Sorry, that I was not more specific there.

Hmmm. If there seems to be an issue with the search in the Linn apps, I guess I will have to live with my work-around.

Thanks!
17-07-2021, 17:07
When you do a Composer search (for example, Bach) in the Linn app or Kazoo, the UPnP search query sent to MinimServer is for an Artist named Bach and a Genre named Classical. Unless Bach is tagged as an Artist, this doesn't return any results.

MinimServer provides a way to send a UPnP Search query for a Composer named Bach but the Linn app and Kazoo don't use this capability.