Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bubble upnp gapless, how to restart
02-08-2019, 21:28
Bubble upnp gapless, how to restart
Hi, I have an old Samsung Galaxy Tab A6 and have just recently downloaded Bubble for Android. However I noticed that it would not play a gapless album from Qobuz. I went into Bubble settings and ticked the play gapless option. It said it would only take affect after a restart. However, I cannot see that option of restarting Bubble in it's settings. Does anybody know how to restart it? Thanks in advance. Stuart.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-08-2019, 13:23
RE: Bubble upnp gapless, how to restart
(02-08-2019 21:28)stuart27 Wrote:  Hi, I have an old Samsung Galaxy Tab A6 and have just recently downloaded Bubble for Android. However I noticed that it would not play a gapless album from Qobuz. I went into Bubble settings and ticked the play gapless option. It said it would only take affect after a restart. However, I cannot see that option of restarting Bubble in it's settings. Does anybody know how to restart it? Thanks in advance. Stuart.

Assuming you have not found an answer elsewhere.

Like all apps it should be a simple matter of stopping it.

I’m sure there are many ways of doing it but a method is

1. Select the square virtual button (usually bottom right) to reveal all running apps.
2. After a few moments, the close icon (x) will appear in top right of all apps. Select the close icon for those apps you wish to close.
3. Select the Bubble app
03-08-2019, 16:11
In the android notifications BubbleUPnP displays the currently played album. Here you find an "x" that you can use to stop the app.

Or slide open from the left the menu inside the app. Here you should also find an X icon to exit.

Or open the android's app history. Here you find all (recently) opened apps. If you slide an app out of the screen (either to the side or to the top, depending of the android version, though I do not know Samsung's UI) it will be stopped, too.

If nothing helps, restart the tablet Wink
03-08-2019, 19:07
Thanks for the replies. I followed them but the problem remains. When downloaded from google pay it says 'this app may not be optimised for your device', am guessing this is what the problem is. I am using a two year old Samsung A6. It looks like I need to buy a new one.
03-08-2019, 21:13
So your problem is that it is still not playing gaplessly?

If the BubbleUPnP is working generally on your device, the problem will be that your streamer device does not support to play gapless. Which streamer (aka renderer) do you have?
03-08-2019, 21:29
Hi, I have a Linn Akurate DS streamer and used Linn Kazoo and it played gapless music from Qobuz no problem.

I just wanted to try Bubble to see how it was.
03-08-2019, 21:53
For streaming to a Linn DS, you should use BubbleDS rather than BubbleUPnP. This might be why gapless is not working for you.
03-08-2019, 22:11
I try that thank you.
03-08-2019, 22:28
Thanks. That's fixed it.