The control app thread
10-08-2019, 14:32
RE: The control app thread
Ah, thank you. That's helpful to know.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2019, 08:14
(10-08-2019 14:10)simoncn Wrote:  Multiroom synchronization requires Songcast support (see this page). As far as I know, the free OpenHome Player does not include an implementation of Songcast.

My interest in OpenHome is the ability for the renderer to hold the playlist (playing queue) rather than having this done by the control point. All implementations of OpenHome include this support.

I couldn't agree more, that is it's major advantage and it's a shame it hasn;t been picked up by more of the mass-market makers. I actually hate my Denon's UPnP control in comparison.
26-09-2019, 20:32
(05-08-2019 14:03)keithsonic Wrote:  .......... Unfortunately, I have struggled with Mosaic for various reasons - not least is difficulty maintaining a consistent connection with Minimserver. I suspect that dCS departures from uPnP/DLNA standards is the root cause. My QNAP HS453DX works perfectly with ROON but this is not a control option for me as its handling of metadata in its own database layer is a huge problem..

I've now had the dCS Network Bridge for a couple of months and I am very impressed with the stability of the rendering of music files from my Synology NAS (on which I run MinimServer). Every time I start a listening session using BubbleUPnP or dCS Mosaic the Network Bridge is instantly available on the network. This was not the case with the PS Audio Bridge 2 in their DS DAC; it often took a minute or so to find this Bridge.

System: ALAC iTunes library on Synology DS412+ (running MinimServer) > Airport Extreme bridge > Optical isolation > dCS Network Bridge (controlled by Galaxy Tab S2 tablet running BubbleUPnP&Mosaic) > PS Audio DirectStream DAC > Primare A60 > Harbeth SHL5plus 40th Anniversary model
15-10-2019, 22:32
Have any iPad users upgraded to iPadOS 13.1.3 yet?
I find it much faster - particularly with control apps. I have most that we have discussed in this thread on my iPad. They all seem faster, and can reliably find the streamer every time. So far, at least......

Donuk beautiful downtown York
17-10-2019, 09:48
Lumin has now updated to fall in line with 13.1.3. Particularly to correct the background of the Search panel. Still seems responsive.

Donuk Beautiful Downtown York