Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimServer errors/warnings in .log file
21-06-2019, 19:24
MinimServer errors/warnings in .log file
Hi there, I have some questions about the log file and reporting warnings/errors when MinimServer is scanning files.

When I imported my library to MinimServer, the log file generated a bunch of warnings/errors for the files imported (things like missing cover art, tagging errors etc). After combing through the files, I eliminated the notifications.

I recently imported a lot of ripped cd's and ran a rescan through MinimWatch, however the log file didn't seem to update either in size or through a modification time stamp on the file - and thus does not show any warnings/errors (I'm sure there has to be some there).

Is there a setting I am missing to ensure that the log file is reporting errors and warnings? Or do I need to do a full scan?

Any advice appreciated. Gerry
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
22-06-2019, 07:53
RE: MinimServer errors/warnings in .log file
When you do a rescan, errors and warnings are reported automatically in the log. It is not necessary to do a full rescan when adding new files. If the log file timestamp has not changed, this means the rescan did not happen. Try repeating the rescan.
22-06-2019, 20:29
(22-06-2019 07:53)simoncn Wrote:  When you do a rescan, errors and warnings are reported automatically in the log. It is not necessary to do a full rescan when adding new files. If the log file timestamp has not changed, this means the rescan did not happen. Try repeating the rescan.

Thanks. My .log file is huge now - almost a gigabyte. Is it ok to delete and rescan (or full rescan?). Would that pick up existing errors/warnings or are they only reported once?

G
22-06-2019, 21:42
Rescan will pick up everything...