Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dropouts
27-06-2019, 20:04 (This post was last modified: 27-06-2019 20:07 by simoncn.)
RE: Dropouts
I think this:

-lavfi "apad=pad_len=32768,afir=gtype=gn,atrim=start_sample=32768"

might be causing the problem. Can you try

-lavfi "afir=gtype=gn"

instead? If this doesn't fix it, the next step is to check whether there is a problem with your convolution files.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
27-06-2019, 23:10
(27-06-2019 20:04)simoncn Wrote:  I think this:

-lavfi "apad=pad_len=32768,afir=gtype=gn,atrim=start_sample=32768"

might be causing the problem. Can you try

-lavfi "afir=gtype=gn"

instead? If this doesn't fix it, the next step is to check whether there is a problem with your convolution files.

I'm sorry, but it doesn't work. How can I now check if there is a problem with the convolution files?
28-06-2019, 07:29
PM sent.
29-06-2019, 11:17
Hello,

I do not want to withhold new, supplementary information. I usually use the Cambridge Audio Stream Magic V1 with the Connect app on an iPad. My friend advised me to test BubbleUPNP on an Android tablet as Local Renderer. In fact, there were no dropouts!
According to Simon, this indicates that there is a buffering issue in Stream Magic V1. Enabling convolution or transcoding changes the way the network packets are buffered, and it seems that Stream Magic V1 is unable to handle this correctly.

Playback via Bubble on the Cambridge Audio Stream Magic V1 again led to dropouts. Therefore I will not carry out further tests. Although the result is unpleasant for me, I thank Simon very much for his support.

Yours sincerely
Herbert (Albufeira)
29-06-2019, 16:05
(29-06-2019 11:17)Albufeira Wrote:  Hello,

I do not want to withhold new, supplementary information. I usually use the Cambridge Audio Stream Magic V1 with the Connect app on an iPad. My friend advised me to test BubbleUPNP on an Android tablet as Local Renderer. In fact, there were no dropouts!
According to Simon, this indicates that there is a buffering issue in Stream Magic V1. Enabling convolution or transcoding changes the way the network packets are buffered, and it seems that Stream Magic V1 is unable to handle this correctly.

Playback via Bubble on the Cambridge Audio Stream Magic V1 again led to dropouts. Therefore I will not carry out further tests. Although the result is unpleasant for me, I thank Simon very much for his support.

Yours sincerely
Herbert (Albufeira)
The CA StreamMagic 6 V1 is also unable to play uncompressed 24/96 Flac files faultless.Compressed files till level 5 play fine without stuttering.
Probably for the same reason?