Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can Minimserver display the accented characters of the extended Latin script?
08-06-2019, 22:18
RE: Can Minimserver display the accented characters of the extended Latin script?
MinimServer update 129 is available now with a change to add Windows-1252 support for ID3v2 tags.

I am hoping to provide support for running multiple MinimServer instances on all platforms in a future version of MinimServer. There is a very significant amount of development work needed to make this happen and I cannot give any estimated timescale for when this might be available. At present, this is fully supported on Linux and there are interim solutions for QNAP, Synology and Windows. For the Mac, I have suggested a workaround and I have tested it to confirm that it works.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-06-2019, 23:01 (This post was last modified: 08-06-2019 23:13 by uncl_nigel.)
RE: Can Minimserver display the accented characters of the extended Latin script?
I think I have updated to 129 - at least that is what is shown in the righthand window on the Properties-packages page (and 128 has disappeared).
I have rebooted iMac, iPad and hifi.

Unfortunately, the albums I uploaded for you to look at are still showing squares with question marks instead of the accented characters. I've tried "rescan" no improvement either :-(
09-06-2019, 04:36
Try doing a full rescan. On the Advanced tab of the Properties page, set the startupScan property to full, then do a rescan. This rescan will take longer than usual because it is ignoring the MinimServer cache and rereading all tag information from your files. After this, you can reset startupScan to its default value of true.
09-06-2019, 08:27 (This post was last modified: 09-06-2019 08:47 by uncl_nigel.)
(09-06-2019 04:36)simoncn Wrote:  Try doing a full rescan. On the Advanced tab of the Properties page, set the startupScan property to full, then do a rescan. This rescan will take longer than usual because it is ignoring the MinimServer cache and rereading all tag information from your files. After this, you can reset startupScan to its default value of true.
Thanks
As you said, it takes ages but it does seem to have worked.
The accented "Z" is in the "+" chapter along with the cyrillic characters but it displays properly.
Down to one Chinese artist - 傣族⁩ - and his album tracks displayed as "??" and multiples thereof as far as I can see :-)
Probably a tall order but here is the link, just in case:
https://wetransfer.com/downloads/3b7a94d...246/d21b5b
09-06-2019, 20:18 (This post was last modified: 09-06-2019 20:18 by simoncn.)
I used Mp3tag to check the tags in the files by the Chinese artist. For Title, Artist and Album Artist, only ?? (different numbers of ??) is shown. It seems there is something wrong with the tags in these files.
09-06-2019, 20:43 (This post was last modified: 09-06-2019 20:50 by uncl_nigel.)
(09-06-2019 20:18)simoncn Wrote:  I used Mp3tag to check the tags in the files by the Chinese artist. For Title, Artist and Album Artist, only ?? (different numbers of ??) is shown. It seems there is something wrong with the tags in these files.
I can believe that even if the iMac Finder actually displays some very Chinese looking pictograms - thanks for looking.
09-06-2019, 22:52
(09-06-2019 20:43)uncl_nigel Wrote:  I can believe that even if the iMac Finder actually displays some very Chinese looking pictograms - thanks for looking.

The filenames are fine. I presume this is what you are seeng in Mac Finder. It is the tags that are bad.
09-06-2019, 22:56
(09-06-2019 22:52)simoncn Wrote:  
(09-06-2019 20:43)uncl_nigel Wrote:  I can believe that even if the iMac Finder actually displays some very Chinese looking pictograms - thanks for looking.

The filenames are fine. I presume this is what you are seeng in Mac Finder. It is the tags that are bad.
Probably indeed - I do the tag editing on a Win7 laptop - I find it easier despite the poor screen.
That the file names are OK suggests a correction is possible if a little time-consuming :-)