Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
HLS stream to radio.
07-06-2019, 15:25 (This post was last modified: 07-06-2019 15:25 by simoncn.)
RE: HLS stream to radio.
As I understand it from this post, the OP is not using a .m3u file with Kazoo to access BBC radio but is using the built-in Kazoo support for this.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2019, 15:51
(07-06-2019 15:25)simoncn Wrote:  As I understand it from this post, the OP is not using a .m3u file with Kazoo to access BBC radio but is using the built-in Kazoo support for this.

I stand corrected.

However, using Kazoo to verify the .m3u radio playlist would be useful.
07-06-2019, 17:56
Yes, it would. Good suggestion.
07-06-2019, 23:41
Thanks for further replies.There is nothing at all on the Roberts relating to a .m3u file.As far as music is concerned everything is there including album art.If I have time I will have another go this weekend.Thanks again.
10-06-2019, 08:33
Thanks to all who have tried to help me with this problem.I am giving up on the Roberts for the moment.I have decided to buy a Naim Muso to use for internet radio and casual music listening.The Muso would benefit more from HLS streams than Roberts.I will probably have to open a new thread on Muso receiptThanks again.
11-06-2019, 16:07
Re my previous post I have just had my ex dem Muso delivered and set up in a few minutes. I was surprised to see that all BBC stations are available in HD showing as 339kbps just wondering what difference is between this and HLS?
11-06-2019, 16:40
The Mu-so could be playing either the HLS or MPEG-DASH BBC streams. The audio quality of HLS and MPEG-DASH should be the same, so you can leave the technical details to the Naim engineers and enjoy the music!