Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grey icon of Minimwatch, Minimwatch does not see Minimserver
03-06-2019, 09:29 (This post was last modified: 03-06-2019 09:34 by simoncn.)
RE: Grey icon of Minimwatch, Minimwatch does not see Minimserver
(03-06-2019 07:22)Gijs Schubert Wrote:  b) after I uninstalled Java, removed all Java rules, and reinstalled Java, I checked the Windows Firewall inbound rules. Strangely enough, they do not show up there. I do not understand why inbound rules for Java are not added to the list after reinstallement. Could this block communication between MinimWatch and MinimServer?

This could possibly be significant. If your Windows firewall is set up to block inbound connections by default and there are no rules that provide an exception to allow inbound connections to Java, this could make MinimServer unable to communicate with MinimWatch. This doesn't explain why Kinsky is working, unless there are rules to allow inbound connections to Kinsky. Please check this.

Does the PC have multiple network connections via wired and wireless? Are both of these active or just one? If MinimWatch is currently communicating via wireless, can you try a wired connection only, or vice versa?

You have mentioned Norton Security Firewall. Do you also have Norton antivirus? Some antivirus programs have been reported as interfering with MinimWatch operation. If you do have an antivirus program, try disabling it.

The Java-related changes to Firefox are not relevant to MinimWatch and MinimServer.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Grey icon of Minimwatch, Minimwatch does not see Minimserver - simoncn - 03-06-2019 09:29