Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimServer stopped on Synology NAS
01-10-2019, 21:18
RE: MinimServer stopped on Synology NAS
Thanks for this. What is the name of your VPN provider (the company that you pay for your VPN service)?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2019, 20:19
(01-10-2019 21:18)simoncn Wrote:  Thanks for this. What is the name of your VPN provider (the company that you pay for your VPN service)?

Again no notification, I must monitor better.

I have UseNetServer.
10-10-2019, 22:11
Thanks for this.

I have found a few references online to a 3-day UseNetServer account (would be useful for me to do some testing) but I haven't yet found a page that will let me sign up for this account.

You can set up email notifications for posts to subscribed threads. To subscribe to a thread, click the link in the bottom left-hand corner of the thread page.
11-10-2019, 09:45
You might be able to work around this problem by setting the MinimServer ohnet.subnet property using MinimWatch. You can find the ohnet.subnet property on the System tab of the MinimWatch Properties page. See this section for information about what setting to use.
20-10-2019, 17:11
Not sure if it worked (I entered 192.168.0.0), but it seems more reliable.
Can I help so that you can test the VPN ?

PS: And notification does not work while I have subscribed ! I must give a better look.
20-10-2019, 20:57
When you subscribe, you need to choose Instant Email Notification rather than No Email Notification (the default).

Thanks for your offer to help me test the VPN. I will contact you by PM to discuss this further. This will not be right away because I am fully occupied with other tasks.
11-11-2019, 13:08
I have still not solved this issue and I am convinced it is an hardware issue with the DS115j. I have used AssetUp as an interim and whilst it has not fallen over I am not comfortable with its interface or the way it treats tagging.

I would like to get back to using minimserver and are considering a replacement NAS drive, the options are DS119j or a DS118. The
ds118 looks to be favourite but am not sure about the processor used, Synology specify a Realtek RTD1296 quad-core 1.4GHz which I believe uses ARM processors but it is not clear. I am sure I have seen you post that you use or have used the DS118 but would just like to check that there is a version of minimserver compatible with this drive.

Or would I be ok to go with the cheaper DS119j.

Thanks

Bronx54
11-11-2019, 13:48 (This post was last modified: 12-11-2019 21:27 by simoncn.)
I have a DS118 and it is a great machine, completely silent in operation and very good performance. It does use an ARM processor. Highly recommended and fully supported by MinimServer.

However... I doubt that this is a hardware issue. Is there any pattern to when the failures occur? If so I can send you some instructions for producing a debug log that I can analyse.
12-11-2019, 21:25
I checked the specs for the DS119j. It has a much lower specification than the DS118: dual core 800 Mhz CPU instead of quad-core 1.4 GHz, 256 MB of RAM instead of 1 GB. For the fairly small difference in price, I think it is well worth going for the DS118.
12-11-2019, 21:33
(12-11-2019 21:25)simoncn Wrote:  I checked the specs for the DS119j. It has a much lower specification than the DS118: dual core 800 Mhz CPU instead of quad-core 1.4 GHz, 256 MB of RAM instead of 1 GB. For the fairly small difference in price, I think it is well worth going for the DS118.