Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lumin app loses connection to minim or linn ds
11-05-2019, 15:00 (This post was last modified: 11-05-2019 15:01 by tarnkappe.)
RE: lumin app loses connection to minim or linn ds
Hello,

Quote:Has anyone here tried the new "white" Linn beta control software available only on Testflight

Where do I find the beta software or what is "Testflight"? Is it available for iOS?

Thanks
Gert
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2019, 21:05 (This post was last modified: 12-05-2019 07:07 by Peter StreamMagic.)
(11-05-2019 15:00)tarnkappe Wrote:  Hello,

Quote:Has anyone here tried the new "white" Linn beta control software available only on Testflight

Where do I find the beta software or what is "Testflight"? Is it available for iOS?

Thanks
Gert

You can find it here: https://development.linn.co.uk/index.php
Simply e-mail that you want to participate in testing beta versions.
You will receive a e-mail from Linn with a accesscode to enter this site.
There is a link to Testflight, which is IOS ,on the development site.

Peter
11-05-2019, 23:51
(04-05-2019 18:50)tarnkappe Wrote:  Good to read that the lumin behaviour does not have anything to do with my local setup. But I would like to see it fixed, because it really is a bit annoying. I am using it to play qobuz via the BubbleUPnP Server.

When I wake up the app after some minutes it very often is unresponsive. I Anoto kill and restart it, too, to make it work again.

I am having exactly the same issues on my setup and it starts driving me mad. Has anyone tried getting in touch with the Lumin folks to enquire whether there is a fix in the making ?
12-05-2019, 06:46
Lumin released the Lumin app before they released any streamers. They promoted it on the Linn forum as it was fully compatible with Linn streamers and gave them a beta test audience to get it ready for their hardware release.
Lumin continued to watch the forum and would respond years after they released their own streamers. However since the demise of the Linn forum I haven’t seen them on the Linn section of the WigWam forum - the Linn recommended forum alternative.
The comment above made me wonder if there was a Lumin forum. There is not one on the Lumin website but their developers seem to be responding on AudioShark. There is a Lumin specific section so I assume this is the “official” forum https://www.audioshark.org/lumin-169/
Took a quick look and there doesn’t seem to be a thread about recent generic app connection issues. There is a thread on May 10 about using the app with Qobuz and the reply is to use Kazoo while they investigate the issue.
12-05-2019, 08:28
I think Lumin has been poor in finding the streamer for a long time.
As I said above, the situation changed for me when I improved my router and also upgraded my iPad.
It seems to need a strong signal from a fast source. When it works it works brilliantly.

If you have a Mac in your house try installing istumbler. It is a free wifi field strength meter.

Donuk beautiful downtown York
12-05-2019, 20:20 (This post was last modified: 12-05-2019 20:24 by bbrip.)
I contacted Lumin and had a first mail back, referring to restarting router and the usual network stuff.... I told them this doesnt fix it and asked to look seriously into it, also referring to this thread.

Lets see what happens....

NB: I have Wifi speed of > 850 Mbps. Its surely not a Wifi issue here.
12-05-2019, 21:50
Thanks bbrip for doing that.

I do like the Lumin app and would love to have it working properly again
16-05-2019, 20:12
Well they’ve released a new version and so far it’s finding my system quickly as it used to

Fingers crossed

bbrip - your email worked wonders Big Grin
18-05-2019, 20:12
A bit better here as well. But not yet perfect.
18-05-2019, 21:35
Lumin is not crashing anymore when selecting qobuz. But I still have to restart it nearly everytime after some minutes of idle time.