Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Artist/Album Sort order
30-04-2019, 14:20
Artist/Album Sort order
I'm sure this has been covered before (probably many times) but I couldn't find it.

In artist view albums are displayed in alphabetic order. Is it possible to display them in date order instead, and if so how?

Many thanks

Alan
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
30-04-2019, 14:40
RE: Artist/Album Sort order
See the List sort order section in the User guide. You need to use the sortTags option described in this section.
30-04-2019, 15:30
Thanks Simon.

In case anyone else is struggling, setting tagOptions to Album.sortTags={AlbumArtist,Date} achieves the desired result.
18-06-2019, 17:41
(30-04-2019 15:30)the_bat Wrote:  Thanks Simon.

In case anyone else is struggling, setting tagOptions to Album.sortTags={AlbumArtist,Date} achieves the desired result.

Will this also work on the Folder view?
18-06-2019, 21:06
To change the sort order in folder view, you need to set folder.sortTags.
18-06-2019, 22:55
(18-06-2019 21:06)simoncn Wrote:  To change the sort order in folder view, you need to set folder.sortTags.

Hi Simon. I have tried what you suggested but albums still in alphabetical order in each artist folder. I have: folder.sortTags={AlbumArtist,Date} but no joy. I have also tried with just Date on its own.
19-06-2019, 08:01
The folder.sortTags setting is used for sorting the list of items (files) within a folder. It isn't used when sorting the list of subfolders.
19-06-2019, 19:26
(19-06-2019 08:01)simoncn Wrote:  The folder.sortTags setting is used for sorting the list of items (files) within a folder. It isn't used when sorting the list of subfolders.

OK cheers. That will explain why my albums are not in date order for each artist in folder view. Pity, because that’s the only way I browse my library.