Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help please with display in Now Playing window.
29-04-2019, 08:51
Help please with display in Now Playing window.
Please could I have some help with sorting out what is displaying in the Now Playing window when I am playing from classical collection. I have read the minimserver user guide but I am sorry I am too thick to follow it.

The display shows the track title and below the artist for that track. There is then a full stop followed by the composer. Finally there is the disc title.

What I cannot follow from looking at the Minimwatch properties tab is in which setting the full stop followed by composer is set and how I can change this to display a different tag and where does the full stop come from?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
29-04-2019, 08:59
RE: Help please with display in Now Playing window.
Please post your complete MinimServer tagFormat property setting.
29-04-2019, 11:55
(29-04-2019 08:59)simoncn Wrote:  Please post your complete MinimServer tagFormat property setting.
Hi Simon, many thanks for the reply and sorry to be so dumb. Here is the tagFormat line:-

Code:
Artist.displayFormat={$artist$orchestra$conductor}, Comment.displayFormat={$*infoFileURI^<a href="^">Digital booklet</a>$Comment}
29-04-2019, 14:19
Thanks for this. There is nothing here that would account for what you are seeing. Can you post a screenshot? Which control point are you using?
29-04-2019, 14:48
(29-04-2019 14:19)simoncn Wrote:  Thanks for this. There is nothing here that would account for what you are seeing. Can you post a screenshot? Which control point are you using?
Hi Simon,
I am using Bubbleupnp and Samsung S6 with Bubble DS. The screens are on pad and phone. How on earth do I get a screenshot please?
29-04-2019, 15:49
(29-04-2019 14:48)Budgie Wrote:  
(29-04-2019 14:19)simoncn Wrote:  Thanks for this. There is nothing here that would account for what you are seeing. Can you post a screenshot? Which control point are you using?
Hi Simon,
I am using Bubbleupnp and Samsung S6 with Bubble DS. The screens are on pad and phone. How on earth do I get a screenshot please?
Found it. Will now have to work out how to send screen shot to workstation.
Will get back to you.
29-04-2019, 16:48
(29-04-2019 15:49)Budgie Wrote:  
Hi Simon,
Will get back to you.
I have it in my laptop now.
Should I email it to you or do you have instructions on how to get it to you please? I tried to add as attachment and file was too big.
29-04-2019, 17:16
(29-04-2019 16:48)Budgie Wrote:  
(29-04-2019 15:49)Budgie Wrote:  
Hi Simon,
Will get back to you.
I have it in my laptop now.
Should I email it to you or do you have instructions on how to get it to you please? I tried to add as attachment and file was too big.
Trying a different approach

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

30-04-2019, 10:42
Thanks for this. The dot is not a full stop but some other Unicode character, probably a middle dot. It looks like this character is present in the Artist tag(s) for this file. To change it, you would need to use a tag editor.
30-04-2019, 16:11
(30-04-2019 10:42)simoncn Wrote:  Thanks for this. The dot is not a full stop but some other Unicode character, probably a middle dot. It looks like this character is present in the Artist tag(s) for this file. To change it, you would need to use a tag editor.
Hi Simon,
I have looked at the files using both EasyTag and puddletag and neither have any extra characters in the tags.
The problem appears on all of the tracks I have looked at when I look at the screen and it seems improbable that both tag editors have inserted this character. No such character is shown in the listed data if I tap on the cover picture.
Any ideas how I can sort this out please or how else we can find where this artifact comes from?

At present the screen shows the cover art with the filename beneath (firename is same as title tag) and beneath that the artist and finally the bottom line shows the Album title. The problem is the "middle dot" followed by the composer. We can live with it but Iwould like to understand what is going on.
Regards,
Budge