Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
adding an album multiple times to a playlist in Kazoo
23-04-2019, 17:29 (This post was last modified: 23-04-2019 21:23 by Peter StreamMagic.)
adding an album multiple times to a playlist in Kazoo
I sometimes make a playlist in Kazoo by adding a complete genre to a playlist and then afterwards edit this list.
Lately this method doesn't work any more because several albums are added multiple times.
I have asked Linn support and they came with this answer:

"The issue with multiple Album add appears to be with errors reading from your Media Server. The grouping of the Albums appears to be incorrect and the wrong starting letters in the wrong group.
I would suggest rebuilding all of the Media Server databases and see if this fixes the issue. If that does not improve the issue then only use one Media Server at a time and find out which Media Server is causing this issue."

I only use MinimServer and have made no structural changes since 2013.
What can cause this problem?
I use a Majik DSM as renderer.

Peter.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
23-04-2019, 20:21
RE: adding an album multiple times to a playlist in Kazoo
If you want to try a full rebuild, then Simon just posted this in reply to another post:

RE: Full Rescan
Set startupScan to 'full', do a rescan, then set startupScan back to 'true' (the default value).
23-04-2019, 21:35
(23-04-2019 20:21)Peter@57m Wrote:  If you want to try a full rebuild, then Simon just posted this in reply to another post:

RE: Full Rescan
Set startupScan to 'full', do a rescan, then set startupScan back to 'true' (the default value).
I did a full rescan to no avail.
Which post are you referring to? I don't see a link in your reply.
23-04-2019, 21:47
Instead of adding the Genre to the playlist, you should select the Genre and add either "n albums" or "n items" to the playlist from within the Genre menu. These two menu selections are "flat lists" with all duplicates eliminated.

If you add the Genre itself, Kazoo will recursively add all selections underneath the Genre and this will create duplicates when the same albums and/or tracks are found using multiple browsing paths.
24-04-2019, 06:43
(23-04-2019 21:35)Peter StreamMagic Wrote:  I did a full rescan to no avail.
Which post are you referring to? I don't see a link in your reply.
I didn’t put a link in the reply, but it’s this thread
http://forum1613.minimserver.com/showthr...p?tid=5036
24-04-2019, 18:28 (This post was last modified: 25-04-2019 17:27 by Peter StreamMagic.)
(23-04-2019 21:47)simoncn Wrote:  Instead of adding the Genre to the playlist, you should select the Genre and add either "n albums" or "n items" to the playlist from within the Genre menu. These two menu selections are "flat lists" with all duplicates eliminated.

If you add the Genre itself, Kazoo will recursively add all selections underneath the Genre and this will create duplicates when the same albums and/or tracks are found using multiple browsing paths.
Thanks Simon,

That is the way to do it, I remember that I made this mistake before!
I'd rather see that it is impossible to make this choice on the controlpoint.
It seems logic to me selecting a genre this way.
Probably not possible having dozens of Servers and Controlpoints, all slightly different and behaving the way their developers seems its the best.

Kind regards,

Peter.
24-04-2019, 20:57
It is most unfortunate that the UPnP standard doesn't include a specific action for a control point to ask the server to send the recursive contents of a container with duplicates eliminated.

This is presumably because the UPnP protocol was designed in the days when the server provided a fixed hierarchy and duplicates could not occur.

The control point could issue a Search operation instead of recursively browsing the container. MinimServer implements this very efficiently and automatically eliminates duplicates from the result. Unfortunately, not all servers implement Search because it is an optional part of the UPnP specification.