Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anamoly loading album cover art in Marantz NR1506
03-04-2019, 13:28
RE: Anamoly loading album cover art in Marantz NR1506
(03-04-2019 12:40)david12 Wrote:  
(03-04-2019 06:53)timster Wrote:  
(02-04-2019 23:11)david12 Wrote:  
(02-04-2019 22:00)simoncn Wrote:  I haven't seen anything like this before. Is your artwork embedded in the audio files or is it in folder.jpg files?

There is a mixture. Each of my album's folders contain a folder.jpg file. I think that some of the .flac containers (my stuff is about 95% .flac, the rest .mp3 and a .wav or two) will contain embedded files, but I don't know how to check.

My most recent rips have been done with dbPoweramp, modified as necessary with PerfectTunes. I don't know what those programs do with album cover art.

Can you tell me where to find instructions as to how to inspect a flac container to see if cover art is there or not?

Sorry, that answer is not very helpful, I know.

As you have dBPoweramp installed, it's easy to check a file for its contents. Hover the mouse over the file and it will say "Contains: Cover art..." if it does.
PerfectTunes may well also shw it.

I reckon the albums that show the incorrect image on the Marantz probably don't have it embedded. Just a guess.

Yes, thanks, upon checking it appears that most of the tracks do contain cover art information.

Looking at the file structure that is cataloged by MinimServer, I do wonder if the Marantz is finding difficulty "seeing through it." (Again, foobar is looking at the same file structure and everything works as it should).

I've attached a screenshot from Windows Explorer.

As you can see, some of the folders actually show the cover art. I don't know why this is so. The 'Bob Dylan' folder (circled) contains four albums. To have attached a particular cover's art to the folder would have been an error. All the Dylan albums were ripped from CDs.

On the other hand, the 'Beethoven_Bagatelles_and_Dances_Vol_1' (to the left of 'Bob Dylan') was a download; it was not a ripped. The Marantz shows the cover art for the first (and subsequent) tracks of the 'Beethoven' correctly.

So, wild guess here, the Marantz is somehow confused by the way the folder structure is presented in MinimServer.

Another point. Synology's native "Media Server" application does not have this difficulty on the Marantz. Album art displays correctly. I prefer to use MinimServer because it allows me to search on "composer" which is really important when searching through jazz and classical recordings as you know. I also intend to experiment with some of MinimServers sort features, but I have made no changes to MinimServer's settings yet. To that end, it seems like the Marantz struggles with the ';' delimiter. I get better results when I us '\\' when ripping. Just sayin'.

Anyway, thanks very much for your time and consideration.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anamoly loading album cover art in Marantz NR1506 - david12 - 03-04-2019 13:28