Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Compilations at end?
04-02-2021, 12:49
RE: Compilations at end?
(04-02-2021 10:25)redged Wrote:  
(20-03-2019 00:11)simoncn Wrote:  You can use a tag update file to do this without needing to edit any tag values. The file should contain:

@ALBUMARTIST=Various Artists
+ALBUMARTISTSORT=zzz

With this tag update file active, MinimServer will add the tag ALBUMARTISTSORT=zzz when scanning a file containing the tag ALBUMARTIST=Various Artists.

You also need to add AlbumArtistSort to itemTags so that MinimServer reads the AlbumArtistSort tag and you need to set the tagValue property to AlbumArtist.value.sort={AlbumArtistSort} so that MinimServer uses the value zzz when sorting the album artist named "Various Artists".

Morning Simon, this is no longer working since I updated.

Does your MinimServer configuration have the tagUpdate file property populated with your tag update file?
If so, does it still contain the above mentioned entries?
And what about the other MinimServer properties. Are they still set as detailed above?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2021, 13:01
Hello,

Everything is in place as before the update. Other sorting is still being done as before and I even tried tagging another albumartist sort on the bottom of the text, and that works...

I have attached my settings & my sort.txt if anyone can take a look and see if they can identify the problem.

Thanks for helping by the way Big Grin

Attached File(s)
.txt  Original Settings.txt (Size: 606 bytes / Downloads: 14)
.txt  sort.txt (Size: 2.29 KB / Downloads: 7)
04-02-2021, 14:14
(04-02-2021 13:01)redged Wrote:  Hello,

Everything is in place as before the update. Other sorting is still being done as before and I even tried tagging another albumartist sort on the bottom of the text, and that works...

I have attached my settings & my sort.txt if anyone can take a look and see if they can identify the problem.

Thanks for helping by the way Big Grin

A quick glance at your files suggests Various Artist should be sorted by z rather than v.

I can only suggest re-starting MinimServer after adding property
writeTagChanges
Code:
Tagchanges.txt

On completion, Tagchanges.txt should contain details of the generated tags such as AlbumArtistSort. Hopefully, this will provide more information.
04-02-2021, 14:56
Hello and thanks for your help again,

I have done what you suggested and the log states that the tag updates have occured, however they are still showing under V and not at the end under Z.

This is happening using both the Naim app and BubbleuPnP. I can only think it may be due to the large number of tracks (5000+) as it works if I use a different group where the numbers are small.

Maybe if Simon has a look he may be able to shed some light as its driving me nuts!Rolleyes
04-02-2021, 18:36
Have you checked the MinimServer log for warning messages?

If you have a file containing an ALBUMARTIST value of Various Artists and also an ALBUMARTISTSORT value of something other than zzzz, this causes a conflict with your tag update setting of zzzz for Various Artists.

In this case, the custom sort value for ALBUMARTIST=Various Artists is ignored because MinimSserver doesn't know which sort value should be used. You will get a warning message in the log telling you this has happened. The message is similar to this:

Warning: Ignoring conflicting custom value for ALBUMARTIST tag 'Various Artists' in file winxi/FileReadException/1-01 Elvis Presley vs. Junkie XL - A Little Less Conversation (JXL radio edit remix).mp4
applied sort value is 'zzzz'; conflicting sort value is 'Various Artists'
04-02-2021, 19:03 (This post was last modified: 04-02-2021 19:03 by redged.)
Thanks for your reply Simon.

There are no warning messages in log.

There is only one set of sort values within the text which is

@ALBUMARTIST=Various Artists
+ALBUMARTISTSORT=zzzz

I posted settings/sort txt etc in this thread (12:01)

Is there anything else I can check? As always thanks in advance.
04-02-2021, 19:57
I have applied all the settings that you posted and it is working for me.
04-02-2021, 20:15
I had problems when I updated so I will try a complete fresh install.

Thanks
04-02-2021, 21:09 (This post was last modified: 04-02-2021 21:21 by redged.)
Still the same after a fresh install, so I have no idea what it can be....

1. Works with any other AlbumArtist, tried The Beatles and it moved them to the end.
2. No fault showing in Log.
3. Shows that they are being changed in Tagchanges.txt
4. Various Artists don't move to bottom of list in either Naim or BubbleuPnP apps but the Beatles did.
5. Only one AlbumArtist being updated in text file, so no conflict.
6. Worked before update.

Only other setting which uses Various Artists is

indexTags = Artist, All Artists, AlbumArtist=Various Artists:Compilations, Comment=Live:Live Albums, Mediatype, Genre, +Date

Thanks anyway for trying to help.
04-02-2021, 21:58 (This post was last modified: 04-02-2021 23:47 by simoncn.)
Have you tried removing Various Artists from this other setting?

The only other explanations are that you have an AlbumArtistSort tag for Various Artists somewhere or you have Various Artists tagged as Artist somewhere.

To check these, you can add AlbumArtistSort to indexTags and you can look in the All Artists index for Various Artists.

As it only happens with one value for AlbumArtist, it seems likely to be a tagging issue with that tag value.