Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Compilations at end?
04-02-2021, 23:53 (This post was last modified: 05-02-2021 08:08 by redged.)
RE: Compilations at end?
Ok I found one track on a compilation with an Artist tag of Various Artists, so I changed that tag to just Various, problem still there.

Removed AlbumArtist=Various Artists:Compilations from indexTags, problem still there.

I entering AlbumArtistSort (& AlbumArtistSort=Various Artists) to indexTags in properties but got a fault (turned red)? So am I doing something wrong?

If I cannot sort this out, is there a way I can exclude files with the AlbumArtist tag 'Various Artists' from the <n>albums list and just have them showing as an index tag?

Sorry for being a pain but as far as I can see I have done everything as required fro this to work & as always thanks in advance for ant help that can be given.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2021, 08:15
(04-02-2021 23:53)redged Wrote:  I entering AlbumArtistSort (& AlbumArtistSort=Various Artists) to indexTags in properties but got a fault (turned red)? So am I doing something wrong?

You can't have the same tag in both indexTags and itemTags. To add AlbumArtistSort to indexTags, you must remove it from itemTags. It is important to find any files that contain an AlbumArtistSort tag, as this might be the cause of the problem.

Quote:If I cannot sort this out, is there a way I can exclude files with the AlbumArtist tag 'Various Artists' from the <n>albums list and just have them showing as an index tag?

It is not possible to exclude specific albums from the <n> albums list.
05-02-2021, 10:38
Thanks Simon, I will give it a whirl tonight and let you know results.

Cheers
06-02-2021, 00:39
Hello Simon,

Thank you that worked a treat, it found several albums which showed as having faulty tags and most importantly a various that was causing all the problems. I wiped each offending albums tags completely and then redone them, which in turn fixed the problem.

Superb and thanks again
06-02-2021, 11:11
This would probably have been a better thread to add my post to but I didn't find it at the time, so I'll just link it here in case it's of any use to anyone.

It's about having regular artist albums sorted and displayed with release year and album name, but compilations sorted and displayed using only album name:

1962 - Bob Dylan
1963 - The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan
Now That's What I Call Music! 59
Now That's What I Call Music! 60
Now That's What I Call Music! 61
Now That's What I Call Music! 62
Now That's What I Call Music! 63
The Complete Motown Singles, Volume 1: 1959-1961
The Complete Motown Singles, Volume 2: 1962

If compilations had also been sorted by release year, then the Motown albums would have been mixed in with the Now albums.

The first post linked to is just to set the scene, the second post was the solution I settled on.