Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Denon / Heos App
17-02-2019, 01:12
Denon / Heos App
Hi,

I think that below query might need to reported to Denon support but just wanted to check here first.
For some reason Heos app on browse folders option goes straight to [folder view] rather tag (see screenshot 4 & 5)
On screen GUI and also old AVR app when browse folders option is selected tag view is displayed (see screenshot 1-3)
Also genres list shows empty, irrelevant though if tag view would be showing instead folder view (screenshot 6)

I'm wondering does anyone have similar experience with Denon devices, Heos App as a controller and MinimServer as music source.

Apart from this I must say that MinimServer and Denon is very good combination.

Thanks

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2019, 17:42 (This post was last modified: 02-03-2019 17:43 by lukeru.)
RE: Denon / Heos App
Hi Again,

I've logged this issue with Denon support, after sending them iOS vs Android app comparison (attached) they claiming that index tag is not available on Android version due to way how it is communicating with MinmServer
(bit weird as Foobar2000 or BubbleUPnP can read it with no problem):

The difference here is the way that Minim Server is presenting the information via Android communication.

Its adds different values into the presentation of the content resulting in interpretation variables. It seems you can change this within the Minim Server by changing values within its advanced properties menu . For example, we were able to configure Minim by experimenting with the settings for it to exclude "tagged view" when presenting the content. Doing this did not affect iOS display in our tests although some presentation changes were made with Android.

I'm wondering is there any way to change settings on Minim to force Heos App to read index tag rather display [folder view] instead.
Another strange thing is that when you open any of the folders (especially these with tracks from various albums) tag view is showing up on Android app, just root index tag is not.

Attached File(s)
.pdf  iOS vs Android app.pdf (Size: 401.51 KB / Downloads: 17)
02-03-2019, 22:06
Thanks for posting this response from Denon.

MinimServer can only present browsing choices to the control point. It can't control which of these browsing choices the control point chooses to display.

MinimServer is presenting the same browsing choices irrepective of whether the control point is running on Android or iOS, so the differences you are seeing in what is displayed must be caused by some difference in the HEOS apps for iOS and Android.
03-03-2019, 19:43
Thanks Simon, hopefully Denon support will be able to sort it out as it bit strange that AVR can handle index tag with no problem and Android app can't.